Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams vs Antonio Margarito: Who wins at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    williams best win was his W over martinez in the first fight

Paul got the snot beat out of him. Literally and figuratively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
      Think I'll have to disagree about Martinez. Sergio wasn't Sergio back then and the win was highly disputed.
      disputed, yes.
      i had martinez winning myself

but it wasnt a robbery. one scorecard was a joke, but the other two reflected a close fight (one for williams and the other a draw.)

if a fight is close enough for somebody to have a legitimate argument for either fighter then you cant hold much issue with the decision

like everybody else, i was pissed off at the benoist scorecard (who had williams ahead by nine points,)

it could have gone either way, certainly, but it got williams onto the p4p list and you'll find most people believe it to be his best win

they were #1 and #2 at jr MW at the time. martinez was looking like a beast

we will have to agree to disagree

margarito is one of his best wins, certainly. made more remarkable by the fact margarito was possibly using plaster
      Last edited by New England; 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

The Punisher would stop him, no way Margarito's eye holds up.

Comment

Williams by TKO. Marg's eye won't hold up. We'll know more about what Williams has left when he fights Ishida. He's past his prime-but whether he's still capable of being a good fighter or being completely past it remains to be seem.

Where as, Margarito has been past his prime-not good anymore since the Mosley loss.

Comment

disputed, yes.
            i had martinez winning myself

but it wasnt a robbery. one scorecard was a joke, but the other two reflected a close fight (one for williams and the other a draw.)

if a fight is close enough for somebody to have a legitimate argument for either fighter then you cant hold much issue with the decision

like everybody else, i was pissed off at the benoist scorecard (who had williams ahead by nine points,)

it could have gone either way, certainly, but it got williams onto the p4p list and you'll find most people believe it to be his best win

they were #1 and #2 at jr MW at the time. martinez was looking like a beast

we will have to agree to disagree

it's one of his best wins, certainly. made more remarkable by the fact margarito was possibly using plaster
            I really get aggravated when people say Williams-Martinez 1 was a robbery. Both had a case for winning, and while the 118-110 scorecard was atrocious it doesn't mean Williams didn't deserve to win. I've personally scored it for both guys, it's very close.

Comment

Williams can beat most people at 154 still. That includes Margarito, Cotto, Vanes, Molina and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post

Paul got the snot beat out of him. Literally and figuratively speaking.

i had martinez winning myself as i stated before, but if you think that was a one sided fight you have no idea how to score a boxing match

Comment

i had martinez winning myself as i stated before, but if you think that was a one sided fight you have no idea how to score a boxing match
                  thats what im saying. what fight were ppl watching. it was pretty back and forth. and p will held his own against martinez. and vice versa.

Comment

it was one of the better welter weight fights of the decade. it was extremely close and had it been a 15 rounder i believe margo would have gotten pwill out of there. i was a cyclon de tijuana hater after the mosley controversy. anyways rewatch the williams margarito fight and you'll love margo again.

Comment

In this matchup, I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Williams lost on purpose to avoid JCC JR.

Comment

Working...
                      X