No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Towers-Francesco Pianeta Heads To Jan. 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Towers-Francesco Pianeta Heads To Jan. 20

German SES was the sole bidder for EU heavyweight champ Richard Towers´ defense against Francesco Pianeta in today´s purse bids held in Rome.

SES bid 33.550,00 EUR and have set January 20 as the date for the fight with site to be announced.

Pianeta, 28-0-1, held the EU title 08-09 when he was promoted by Sauerland but was forced to relinquish the title when diagnosed with skin cancer. He then left Sauerland for SES in 2011. [Click Here To Read More]

Nice to see two unbeaten heavyweights facing off.

Didn't know about Pianeta having had cancer, good on him for coming through it and continuing his career. I think he'll win this inside the distance.

I thought Towers looked poor against Tony, he was gassed badly, wobbled all over the ring, and his technique went out of the window. Just checked boxrec and they have him facing a 13-0 opponent in a few weeks time in China, so he might not get to Pianeta anyway.

Comment

haven't seen towers but have seen pianeta a few times. he's beat some names in botha & mccall(old & past their best)& had a draw with sosnowski(thought sosnowski won)but i think if he put his foot on the gas he could score more knockouts. he's a boxer & isn't aggressive enough. he's young, big & he's a southpaw & has some nice tools but i'd like him to be more "in your face" like corrie sanders use to be. he doesn't have that kind of power but he has a distinct advantage with his southpaw stance & long reach.

Comment

Towers is scheduled to fight Lucas Browne @ Hong Kong in a Commonwealth title eliminator next week!

Comment

Working...
        X