Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrie Sanders Never Reached His Full Potenial and was a underachiever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrie Sanders Never Reached His Full Potenial and was a underachiever!

I really belive this.

Sanders punched like a muel, was a southpaw and had really fast hands.

He held wins over Ross Puritty, Bobby Czyz, Alfred Cole, Michael Sprott, and Wladimir Klitschko.

He also give a prime Vitali Klitschko one of his toughest ever fights, even nearly knocking down the iron chinned Vitali. Vitali even said that was one of his toughest ever fights.

I just feel with more dedication, focus and the right fights. Sanders could of achieved more, I feel he has a chance with a good few great Heavyweights over the years.

Due to his power, style, and speed. Do his chin was also a weak point.

But still a underachiever.

Thoughts?

Yeah he also had no stamina and no chin.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

i think he loved golf more too

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Thats why I said with more dedication and focus!

Comment

Bit of a James Buster Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Spirit View Post
            Thats why I said with more dedication and focus!
            Even in his prime he didn't have that. His claim to find was finding someone's china chin but other than that, there have been a lot of guys with a good offense and not much else.

Comment

If he cared about boxing, maybe he could have been more. I'd say that his talents are often exaggerated though. His best knockouts are over former middleweights, light heavyweights and cruiserweights as well as Wladimir Klitschko who is not exactly known for his ability to take a punch. It's his southpaw style and speed that presented the real trouble for his opponents, not only his power.

Sanders didn't have a great chin and held his hands down to his waist without any defensive awareness. See him get knocked over by Tony Tubbs's lesser brother Nate at the peak of his career. Technically he wasn't much of a boxer and he had no dedication whatsoever. I guess it speaks for his ability that he was able to do as well as he did, beating Wladimir Klitschko. But he lost to every other good opponent that he ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Spirit View Post
                I really belive this.

Sanders punched like a muel, was a southpaw and had really fast hands.

He held wins over Ross Puritty, Bobby Czyz, Alfred Cole, Michael Sprott, and Wladimir Klitschko.

He also give a prime Vitali Klitschko one of his toughest ever fights, even nearly knocking down the iron chinned Vitali. Vitali even said that was one of his toughest ever fights.

I just feel with more dedication, focus and the right fights. Sanders could of achieved more, I feel he has a chance with a good few great Heavyweights over the years.

Due to his power, style, and speed. Do his chin was also a weak point.

But still a underachiever.

Thoughts?
                maybe he shouldn't have taken up golf

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  If he cared about boxing, maybe he could have been more. I'd say that his talents are often exaggerated though.
                  Really? I don't see that. I feel people never really go on about his talents.

His best knockouts are over former middleweights, light heavyweights and cruiserweights as well as Wladimir Klitschko who is not exactly known for his ability to take a punch.
                  Maybe. But he still knocked out current #1 Heavyweight today in brutal fashion. And it's easy to downgrade anyone's wins they way you have just done. No offence.

It's his southpaw style and speed that presented the real trouble for his opponents, not only his power.
                  I said that in my post.

Sanders didn't have a great chin and held his hands down to his waist without any defensive awareness. See him get knocked over by Tony Tubbs's lesser brother Nate at the peak of his career.
                  We all know he wasnt a great defensive fighter, not many Heavyweights are. And lets not judge his career and potential of one fight.

But he lost to every other good opponent that he ever fought.
                  No he never. He beat former IBF Light Heavyweight and WBA Crusierweight Champion Bobby Czyz and former IBF cruiserweight Alfred Cole. Aswell as future British Heavyweight Champion Michael Sprott.

Comment

He fought the perfect fight against Wladimir Klitschko, not only out-punching Wladimir, but outboxing Wladimir too. Corrie Sanders was rarely hit against Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X