Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a brain buster for the "workrate" wins people. if the ravens score 6 touchdowns and the 49ers score 0 but the 49ers control the ball for 40 minutes to the ravens 20 who's winning?i will reveal the answer.....after these commercial breaks.
    Last edited by daggum; 02-03-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• another topnotch brainbuster. if one team takes 50 shots in a football(soccer) game and scores 1 while the other team takes 20 shots and scores 5. who wins? don't "kick" yourself if you can't get it. these are hard.
      Last edited by daggum; 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Benn saying that he wishes he had Calzaghe's power is like saying that he wishes he had Mayorga's defensive skills.

Comment

• ok here's a brainbuster for a sport that has subjective scoring like boxing. who wins if in diving one diver does a triple twist somersault and lands with no splash or if the other diver does a quintuple twist somersault but does a bellyflop? hey he spun more he must be winning! am i right people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Benn saying that he wishes he had Calzaghe's power is like saying that he wishes he had Mayorga's defensive skills.
            as we learned in the hopkins-calzaghe fight defense doesn't matter. show me where defense is a scoring criteria! you can't! but i can show you where throwing punches and workrate is. it's right here behind this curtain....(runs away)

Comment

• I think we can all agree that Benn may be a little punchy and therefore just saying ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                I remember B-hop getting humped! So um ya!!
                The hate for Calzaghe is rediculous all because he's white. It's really sad that you guys can't get over the race hump. I've always thought that the sport itself helps people meet all different types of races and cultures and you can appreciate other. The racism on this site makes me absolutly sick. You guys need to realise that any race can excell in anything they apply themselves to.
                This is beyond stupid.

The one thing I never got on either site or ESB is how a lot of posters will accuse British Fans that dislike Calzaghe or Klitschkos of being 'racist towards white athletes'

Yet these same British Fans will post in Soccer debates and ALL their favorite European Soccer Players are White...

Klittard Logic

'You are racist, even though your favorite athlete is Steven Gerrard.. that matters not.. If you don't like Vitali .. it counts towards ALL'

Most people don't like Calzaghe because they are frustrated by either his career or his fighting methods.

I on the other hand LOVE Calzaghe because he totally clowned Roy Jones Jr and beat the living shyt out of that stupid moron Jeff Lacy

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  well, you probably won't believe me, but i share heritage with Joe. he was a frustrating guy to follow, though, and there aren't many standout moments to remember with him. he was all industry against Eubank, Reid, Woodhall, Brewer, Mitchell etc., and that's all well and good, but he was a guy who tended to look sloppy against mediocre opposition, even if he dominated. it's not so much that he fought some unheralded opponents that bothers me about his career, as not every opponent can be a world-beater, and top opponents are not always easy to secure, but more how horrid and uninspiring he looked against them. he really didn't sell himself very well as an attractive proposition for big fights.

on the upside, he saved his two crispest performances for two of his three biggest fights (Lacy and Kessler), so that's something to treasure. i do give him credit for hustling the W over a still very good Hopkins, but it isn't a performance i like to remember. i was an interested follower of both guys at the time, but was hoping Joe could do a clearer job of beating Hopkins in the lead-up to that one. in the end, he just about scraped through on pure workrate, aided by Hopkins' ageing stamina. it was another very solid win to go with the Kessler notch.

while i followed him at the time, Joe just doesn't inspire me to remember him often since he left the game. his career felt lacking ultimately, without getting into who was to blame for this or that, as various factors played their part. we saw that Joe was a genuine talent, but we never saw true proof of Greatness, IMO. he doesn't belong in a Top 100 list.
                  Very good post..

[QUOTE="Smokin Sugar";12988834]I remember B-hop getting humped! So um ya!!
                  The hate for Calzaghe is rediculous all because he's white. It's really sad that you guys can't get over the race hump. I've always thought that the sport itself helps people meet all different types of races and cultures and you can appreciate other. The racism on this site makes me absolutly sick. You guys need to realise that any race can excell in anything they apply themselves to.[/QUOTE]

Again attacking people on the site claiming they're racist ... you make no points whatsoever,instead you blindly accuse people of being things they're not...

One of my favorite fighters is white actually and I can't really pick out a part of his career which I disagree with
                  [SIZE="6"]Carl Froch [/SIZE]
                  Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    another topnotch brainbuster. if one team takes 50 shots in a football(soccer) game and scores 1 while the other team takes 20 shots and scores 5. who wins? don't "kick" yourself if you can't get it. these are hard.
                    boxing's scored by rounds.

i liked both guys at the time. Joe was the younger man with more to prove, so i wanted him to win back then, and to do so clearly. in hindsight, though, i wish Hopkins had maintained his workrate through the fight so he could've continued to dish out the technical lesson he was giving Calzaghe. but he didn't, he faded, his punching regularity decreased, and he allowed the windmill to outwork him for a narrow, aesthetically revolting win. it is what it is. Hopkins' age didn't show up against most fighters even while past 40, but it showed up against Calzaghe because the guy possessed stamina that was uncommon even among top level boxers. we know, based on the fight they did have, that a younger Hopkins very likely defeats Calzaghe handily.

Comment

• Naseem Richardson: "During the fights in between rounds Hopkins told me when Tarver hit him "this sucker can punch". When Pavlik hit him in the arm Bernard said "I don't want to get hit flush in the face with that." When Calzaghe hit him Bernard said "This guy punches like my sister."

Comment

Working...
                      X