Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What country has the most robberies and gift decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korea .....

Comment

The U.S. has the most robberies. This may have to do with home decisions as well as judges scoring in favor of the promoted fighter.

Sometimes fights are flat out robberies like the Williams-Lara fight where the judges turn a blind eye. Sometimes it can be as simple as consistently giving a fighter the benefit of the doubt in every close round. Ultimately, this shapes into another gift decision.

At any rate, when world titles are on the line, judges should never be from a fighters home country.
      Last edited by Juanma9; 12-24-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

uk wins at least this year. hometown decisions and bs stoppages in almost every fight. big damage tolerance when it comes to home fighter, and very low when it comes to their opponents.

khan mccloskey
        mccloskey prescott
        brook jackiewicz
        fury pajkic
        and prob a few more
        hell even khan said he doesn't want a peterson rematch in the uk.

US and germany are a bit on the hot-cold side. some good decisions,some horrible.

Comment

Easily U.S. now that I think about it. From Lara/Williams, Santa Cruz/Casamayor, Holyfield/Lewis to many others. People just don't want to admit that a lot of the judging here sucks and want to point fingers elsewhere.

Comment

P4P it's probably some crappy ass country like the Phillipines or Thailand. Or the world stage it's undisputedly Germany, or shall I say German promoters. I've never seen such blantant and distgusting robberies as I have on a German production. Those guys are the Mayweather of robberies.

US is number two though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Lara vs. Williams, Alexander vs. Matthysse, and Pac vs. Marquez are 3 that immediately spring to mind. I would simply say US because the majority of big fights happen here, and for some reason the judges seem to have blindfolds on when watching some of these fights.
              Just the mention of that fight makes me sick... That's one of the worst boxing decisions I've ever seen. And I've seen a ****load of fights. Just disgusting, and I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Comment

in every country, the guy who gets more "cheers" from the crowd when he throws and lands punches, will ALWAYS have the advantage. . . it's a subconscious thing, judges don't want to "displease" the crowd. . . sometimes judges do it purposely, but i think most of the time they don't intentionally do it. . . also the it's set up, it is inherently "corrupt" - the promotors PAY THE REFS AND JUDGES! Lol! They want repeat business. . . i bet judges and refs who don't please the promotor are not chosen again. . . and in boxing, there are only like 4-5 promotors who stage all the meaningful fights. . .

and we all know the championship sanctioning bodies are in the pockets of the promotors. . .

Comment

accidentally voted uk instead of usa, bleh.

Comment

France no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                      ummm no just no that was a fairly close fight ring magazine scored it for john i had it for john by a point marquez lost 2 points for repeted low blows which was the deciding factor in this fight john gets no credit b/c of his natinaility hes a good fighter
                      you forget when he schooled juarez n the fight was called a draw in the .U.S ......
                      so yeah i loveee my country but u.s.a
                      never ever gives fighters a fair shake not just judges the whole damn sport refs ,doctors. comisioners ..
                      That fight wasn't even close. I've watched it several times and John won 2 or 3 rounds and thats with the deductions. I could care less how Ring had it scored, I can think for myself. Marquez was pressing the fight the whole time and John didn't want to engage. That was one of the worst robberies I've seen. And ever since then John has been fighting weak opposition for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                      X