Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter lose and on here they're"shot exposed"but floyd has to lose to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    so he cant just kick mannys ass..manny has to win for it to be legit
    I don't agree, if he beats Pac clearly, no cheap shots or controversial stoppage, then he can remain undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
      If Floyd goes 2-1 in a trilogy with Pac, then his legacy is greatly enhanced even with a loss as opposed to being undefeated and not having fought Pacquiao.
      no all he has to do is kick mannys ass and that great right there

Comment

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
        technically he is, people overrate the old school fighter though. They did fight everyone but most them guys wouldn't be top 10 in there divisions today.
        im just saying if floyd ends his career with martinez,manny and lets say khan and retires 45-0 how the hell is that not great?

Comment

He doesn't have to lose but there are 2 fights at welterweight that should have happened when he was there, that did not. If Margarito was on his resume & Pacman, win or lose his greatness would be untouched.He should have fought Margarito after Margarito called him out & ran him from his own interview, just like he fought Marquez when he called him out. Then there is Pacman, both have there part into the facade as to why the fight didn't happen & that's a shame.
          Last edited by Bushbaby; 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

maybe just maybe...floyds better than them............
            Hmm, pretty doubtful.

Those fighter's fought and beat alot better fighters than Mayweather has.

I mean, it's pretty difficult to argue that fighters such as Henry Armstrong for example couldn't go through Mayweather's entire resume undefeated.

And the chances are likely Mayweather would have a handful of loss's if he went through Armstrongs resume.

Same applies for Duran from 135-154 most likely.

And others.

I'm not disputing Mayweather's a great fighter. A top 50 ATG minimum in my book. And he has an impressive resume.

It's just the chances are if you don't have a loss then your resume isn't a Top 25 level resume.

He could easily prove that statment wrong if he beats Pac and Martinez at 160. In which I believe he would be knocking on Top 25 ATG doors.

But as of right now there is alot of ATG's that could also go thorough Mayweather's quality of resume undefeated.

Comment

Oh Larry. It's not that he has to lose, it's that he has to face legit opponents to be great. Compare his resume to Pacquiao, it's a joke. Floyd stopped being relevant about 7 years ago yet his mouth keeps him on the spotlight. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Oh Larry. It's not that he has to lose, it's that he has to face legit opponents to be great. Compare his resume to Pacquiao, it's a joke. Floyd stopped being relevant about 7 years ago yet his mouth keeps him on the spotlight. That is all.
                this isnt a manny -floyd whos greater thread...go make your own circle jerk thread son

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Hmm, pretty doubtful.

I mean, it's pretty difficult to argue that fighters such as Henry Armstrong for example couldn't go through Mayweather's entire resume undefeated.

And the chances are likely Mayweather would have a handful of loss's if he went through Armstrongs resume.

And others.

I'm not disputing Mayweather's a great fighter. A top 50 ATG minimum in my book. And he has an impressive resume.

It's just the chances are if you don't have a loss then your resume isn't a Top 25 level resume.

He could easily prove that statment wrong if he beats Pac and Martinez at 160. In which I believe he would be knocking on Top 25 ATG doors.

But as of right now there is alot of ATG's that could also go thorough Mayweather's quality of resume undefeated.
                  End thread :cool9:

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Hmm, pretty doubtful.

And others.

basically it's possible, just not probable

Comment

maybe just maybe...floyds better than them............
                      Maybe, just maybe...he'd look a lot less extraordinary against a fellow ATG. It's the same **** we give the Klits issues for (Floyd has had better opposition than them though) you can look dominant as hell but end of the day, if your beating b class fighters, that just means you're better than b class fighters.

And no, he doesn't need to lose in order to enhance his legacy, people just want him to fight the best without being a prima donna like he has for the past 6 or so years.

Comment

Working...
                      X