No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zaveck-Berto: Time to Focus on The What, Not The Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zaveck-Berto: Time to Focus on The What, Not The Why

By Jake Donovan - Seriously, enough is enough.

Far too often, who made a fight happen and what is at stake is wrongly taking precedence over the fight itself.

Sometimes, it’s important to understand the “why.” More often than not, we should just be content with the “what.”

However, a good thing on its own is never quite enough for some. With that, the industry once again manages to distract itself with a series of sidebars rather than simply focus in a good TV fight this weekend when Andre Berto squares off against Jan Zaveck in a battle of once-beaten welterweights.

It seems that the mere mention of Berto’s name seems to bring out the worst in people, which is a shame considering that the fighter himself is among the classier members of the boxing fraternity. However, what’s associated with a fighter’s career often dictates how he is judged. [Click Here To Read More]

Jesus Christ.. What is up with Jake and his bad poetry style of writing??

"Often nothing brings nothing to the something of the nothingness. Yet sometimes or not enough it is not enough for the enough. Anytime, however, it can be at any place at any time."

Comment

Most boxing fans on this forum are giving Zaveck a shot at beating Berto. So if Berto beats Zaveck, he deserves credit for that win.

Comment

Berto classy? What's classy about getting beat fair and square and then accusing the guy of being on something?

Comment

What's up for the winner?? Berto living in Florida can't draw ther, or anywhere for that matter, and Jan is a 35 old unknown in US, hard to market...

Comment

That was painful to read, and Berto has no class.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              What's up for the winner?? Berto living in Florida can't draw ther, or anywhere for that matter, and Jan is a 35 old unknown in US, hard to market...
              if berto wins expect him to be matched against another line of bums, and undeserved checks.
              if zavec wins i expect more dynamic in the ww. judah/khan might be intrested i'm sure. maybe ortiz if he lose to floyd.
              zavec's can definitely put some asses in seats since i heard the 1500 seats in beau rivage are sold out. 100 and some fans come directly from slovenia.

Comment

Andre Berto is one loss away from becoming boxing's forgotten fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                  if berto wins expect him to be matched against another line of bums, and undeserved checks.
                  if zavec wins i expect more dynamic in the ww. judah/khan might be intrested i'm sure. maybe ortiz if he lose to floyd.
                  zavec's can definitely put some asses in seats since i heard the 1500 seats in beau rivage are sold out. 100 and some fans come directly from slovenia.
                  I would love Zaveck to fight Abregu or Mike Jones,I think both could be great fights...

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Most boxing fans on this forum are giving Zaveck a shot at beating Berto. So if Berto beats Zaveck, he deserves credit for that win.
                    If Berto wins it will be a good win for him,he will get full credit from me...

Comment

Working...
                    X