No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Domonique Dolton-Roberto Garcia Tabbed For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Domonique Dolton-Roberto Garcia Tabbed For WBA Title

The WBA has authorized the respective camps for contenders Domonique Dolton and Roberto Garcia to begin negotiations for an interim 154 lb. title fight, Boxingscene.com has recently learned.

Should the two sides fail to reach terms, a purse bid will eventually be ordered. The winner of the suggested showdown will become mandatory challenger to unbeaten titlist Austin Trout.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” stated Henry Rivalta of Acquinity Sports, who promotes Dolton. “3D (Dolton’s nickname) is a beast, who possesses the skills to become a champion in this sport for a long time.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah we really need a third WBA champion at 154.

Comment

Glad to see Roberto Garcia get a much deserved and overdue title shot. I haven't seen Dolton fight yet but I'm looking forward to this one. Calling Garcia's win over Smith an upset was a bit of a stretch. Garcia might become full champion if Trout and Canelo fight and Canelo beats Trout. Roberto's style matches up so much better with Canelo, a fight between those two would be absolutely scintillating. If Canelo beats Trout and doesn't want to take the Garcia fight then he vacates his portion of the title.
      Last edited by rogdogx; 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I was at the wild card when Eric Brown got the news that even if garcia wins that fight team canelo would not be "intrested" in a Garcia-Canelo fight. I'm guessing that canelos ppl would not want Garcia power chin checking canelos jaw ! This fight would be a fans dream fight, similar styles both punchers and neither take a backwards step . Well that's what we thought in Margarito-Garcia and Margarito started retreating after the 4th. Don't know if he didn't wanna trade with Garcia or he just didn't wanna take a chance in losing out on Paceman fight ?

Comment

Working...
        X