Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs floyd mayweather jr. Who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    pernell on points..his style would force Floyd to become more offensive and it would open up spots for pernell to counter
    I see it playing out the same way. Even though Floyd sparred per ell and according to him did pretty good but at the end of the day sparring is sparring.

Comment

Good match up, but I'll go with Floyd.

When Pea and Roger fought, Pernell won the fight, but Roger was finding a home for that right hand of his, a shot that Floyd's known for as well. Plus Floyd's got better defense than Roger, a better chin (not that Pernell hit that hard), and more versatile.

No knockout, but probably a tough decision.

Comment

I think it's a toss up but I'll say Sweet Pea

Comment

Great speed is neutralized by good timing and a jab, Whitaker had them both. The best two blows from Mayweather are his left hook and lead right, Whitaker's southpaw stance and excellent defense would take those shots away. Whitaker would also clinch often before Mayweather tries to land his combination. How many times has Whitaker been hit with combos?

Mayweather would need to change styles and be the overtly aggressive guy he was at 130 to simply out work sweet pea. If the fight happens at 135 than i may give the slight edge to Mayweather. If it happens at 140-154 than i favor sweet pea.

Comment

Whitaker hands down. Better defensively AND lets his hands go a hell of a lot more than Floyd does.

PS. Whoever said Whitaker "runs" has obviously watched VERY little of Whitaker.

Poet

Comment

floyd would beat pernell "low blow" whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Whitaker hands down. Better defensively AND lets his hands go a hell of a lot more than Floyd does.

PS. Whoever said Whitaker "runs" has obviously watched VERY little of Whitaker.

Poet
                Your buggin, a prime sweat pea lets his hands go more than a prime floyd??? You do know fantasy fights take place in the fighters prime. How many times must it be said 147 is not floyds prime. 130 floyd let his hands go more than sweet pea, he became super defensive when he started breaking his hands. Overall this match is my favorite fantasy fight, mayweather by close UD

Comment

I rather watch pain dry

Comment

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                    Your buggin, a prime sweat pea lets his hands go more than a prime floyd??? You do know fantasy fights take place in the fighters prime. How many times must it be said 147 is not floyds prime. 130 floyd let his hands go more than sweet pea, he became super defensive when he started breaking his hands. Overall this match is my favorite fantasy fight, mayweather by close UD
                    Go away Larryx's new alt. Prime Whitaker threw a ****load punches every round.....more than Mayweather did at Lightweight. I know you fantasize daily about smokin' Floyd's pole but you need to stop letting it cloud your judgement.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
                      Good match up, but I'll go with Floyd.

When Pea and Roger fought, Pernell won the fight, but Roger was finding a home for that right hand of his, a shot that Floyd's known for as well. Plus Floyd's got better defense than Roger, a better chin (not that Pernell hit that hard), and more versatile.

No knockout, but probably a tough decision.
                      yeah that's boxing tho

Comment

Working...
                      X