Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler was a evil baboon that had a bad idea.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    Obviously an evil man and yes he did kill a lot of Germans but I don't think it is fair to say that he destroyed Germany.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but right after the war the Berlin wall went up and Germany besides living in shame went into depression for many years. Not counting the cities destroyed by his war.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      Obviously an evil man and yes he did kill a lot of Germans but I don't think it is fair to say that he destroyed Germany.
      yeah, after world war 1 Germany was on its knees.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong but right after the war the Berlin wall went up and Germany besides living in shame went into depression for many years. Not counting the cities destroyed by his war.
        How was Germany in the 1920s? All ****s and giggles was it?

You needed a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread.

Comment

West Germany was okay after the war.

Hard but so was the rest of Europe.

East Germans had it worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            West Germany was okay after the war.

Hard but so was the rest of Europe.

East Germans had it worst.
            I'm not an expert on the living conditions in East Germany following the second world war but I would imagine they would have been relatively similar to the other eastern European states that were subject to Soviet influence over the duration of the Cold War.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
              yeah, after world war 1 Germany was on its knees.

After World War 2 they were too.

2 x losers.

Hitler's legacy is ***** because he lost his greatest fights.

Actually, he was hiding in a bunker ducking for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

2 x losers.

Hitler's career was not dissimilar to Iron Mike's.

When he was annexing the likes of Czechoslovakia and Austria and running through France in a couple of months he looked unbeatable, challengers were going out of his way to avoid him. However, once a seemingly inferior opponent showed some toughness and responded, he crumbled.

Comment

I'm outta here before the Resident Nazi's show up, FREEDOM,MEDVED,DOMINATION and DIE ANTWOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

2 x losers.

Also the one thing the second world war did achieve from a German perspective was making the Americans and Co realise that they couldn't listen to the French and that the right approach wasn't just taking everything they could from Germany. A lot of effort was dedicated to rebuilding the German economy following WWII, effort that if put in in the 1920s would have most likely prevented Hitler's rise to power and the worst conflict the world has ever seen.

Comment

Great comparison can be made with Napoleon.

Napoleon was born in Corsica, but later studied in France and served in their military. Hitler was born in Austria, but lived and worked in Germany and served in their military. Both rose to power during uncertain and unstable times and transformed their new countries into superpowers.
                      Both became too greedy and convinced of their own invincibility, and made too many enemies. Napoleon lost at Trafalgar and was forced to cancel his invasion of Britain. Hitler lost the battle of Britain and likewise was forced to cancel his invasion plans.

Following these defeats, both decided to invade Russia, and despite some success were eventually beaten back due to over extended lines, winter, and a fierce Russian fight back. After their defeats, they left Europe exhuasted and fecked up.

And both were short.
                      Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X