Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come prime Tito Trinidad and Shane Mosley never fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Are you sure, you know Who Felix Trinidad is? Did you saw him fight?
    Tito was a good boxer puncher with concussive power.

He had power in both hands.

But his left hook was incredible.

Great footwork and balance.

He was a slow starter often getting knockdown early in fights.

Turned it on after 3 or 4 rounds.

I saw most of his career. Favorite fights where the Vargas fight and the Campas fight.

Tito had the heart of lion!

I didn't mean to dismiss Tito. I just see Shane respecting Tito's power and using a stick and move strategy.

I think the Mosley that beat Oscar is better than Vargas.

Shane has a amazing Chin and I think it holds up in this titanic match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
      Tito was a good boxer puncher with concussive power.

He had power in both hands.

But his left hook was incredible.

Great footwork and balance.

He was a slow starter often getting knockdown early in fights.

Turned it on after 3 or 4 rounds.

I saw most of his career. Favorite fights where the Vargas fight and the Campas fight.

Tito had the heart of lion!

I didn't mean to dismiss Tito. I just see Shane respecting Tito's power and using a stick and move strategy.

I think the Mosley that beat Oscar is better than Vargas.

Shane has a amazing Chin and I think it holds up in this titanic match-up.
      Lol, I didnt say you disrespected him homie. I just saw that you said, that Forrest beat Mosley with a Jab and a Right hand. Tito had a great jab and a nasty straight right hand, plus faster hands than Forrest.

Mosley is not good at boxing. He is better at moving forward and throw flurries and get out.

And Im sorry, Tito have as much boxing skills as Cotto and Cotto beat him clearly at both games(boxing and pressuring).

Tito lays the hammer on Mosley. Guys like Forrest and Quartey would have a very good chance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
        LOL, hell no people forget that at that time Mosley was getting his ass kicked by Wilfredo Rivera until he got a lucky KO, prime Tito would have murdered Mosley

Many people understimate Tito skills because he got outboxed by bigger guys. Mosley does not have the size or boxing skills to keep Trinidad off of him plus he struggles against biggers guys. He also gets hit a lot and getting hit a lot by Tito is no fun. Mosley would have got done Joppy style but he would have lasted a more rounds.
        That was Shane's first fight at 147.

He jumped two weight classes to fight a solid guy.

Trying not to make an excuses.

But I think the Guy who beat Oscar was far more prepared and comfortable at the weight.

He beats Tito in a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Lol, I didnt say you disrespected him homie. I just saw that you said, that Forrest beat Mosley with a Jab and a Right hand. Tito had a great jab and a nasty straight right hand, plus faster hands than Forrest.

Mosley is not good at boxing. He is better at moving forward and throw flurries and get out.

And Im sorry, Tito have as much boxing skills as Cotto and Cotto beat him clearly at both games(boxing and pressuring).

Tito lays the hammer on Mosley. Guys like Forrest and Quartey would have a very good chance!!!
          That's cool.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

They're both legends in my book.

I would've been happy for ether guy.

Comment

people are forgettin titos great jab and right hand as well as his stamina he would have stoped shane or won by UD in a great fight

Comment

btw tito is better boxer than shane much better technique shane only has better footwork

Comment

At 147 I favor Shane. Especially the one from 99-01. At 154 I favor Tito. I think Tito beats Quartey and loses to Forrest. Papa Tito said Norris would've been a problem for Tito though.

Comment

Working...
                X