Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..BERTO/COLLAZO: The Reasons & Reason...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
    Slapping or not it rang in points and inside pitter patters to the ribs still prevents proper breathing which I felt winded Berto A LOT.

Berto throughout the fight looked like he was hurt more often and frequently gassed

Collazo showboating wasn't helping either. Collazo looked for that lost when he put his hands down and badly impersonated Whitaker and then put less commitment towards his punches then Calzaghe (No offense) I had it even up untill the 12 which Berto clearly won...That including the stupid point deduction. So it wasn't a robbery but a fight that could have gone either way

Comment

He did win the 12th but that was due to sitting out a couple rounds to regain his stahmina. Berto showed me one thing that will always make him a tough opponent. Which is his heart, Collazo brought a war to him and he brought it back.

But in the end I still feel Collazos inside fighting changed Bertos oncomming momentun everytime Luis turned up the heat.
      However, none of this makes it a robbery. Or an exposure. Otherwise, Collazo has exposed TWO fighters that HAD undefeated records, and was on his way to retiring Mosley barring the inevitable injury.

Or just maybe, it wasn't an exposure. Maybe Collazo is just really damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Tornado View Post
        Both of them looked winded after the 11th round, Berto did enough to win the 12. I honestly had Collazo winning by one round, it was a razor thin fight and a good one at that. That one judge that scored that fight 116-111 was smoking crack and should not be let to judge a fight ever again. I don't think this this decision was a robbery, it could of gone either way it's just that Berto got the best of it this time.
        Exactly. Robbery may be considered harsh because it was so close it couldve gone either way.

I just cant wait for the rematch.

Comment

Pretty much every boxing site that scored the fight, had Collazo winning. Go to any boxing forum, and check out the polls for who they think won the fight. Every single poll that i've seen thus far had it for Collazo. More than a coincidence, dont u think? I doubt this is one big conspiracy against Berto.

Comment

I think Collazo DID EXPOSE Berto.

All you need is a well conditioned pressure fighter to beat Berto. He rallies for the first minute or so then gasses and sits back to take shots.

He has great quick hands and counter punches at times but he doesnt move a lot. His immobility will let him get eaten up by good boxers like Shane Mosley Miguel Cotto or Carlos Quintana
            He's got way too many flaws, his inside game is horrendous and that is being generous. His stamina lacks as well, I think all that mass he puts up for fights always take a toll on him, AND he gets tagged a lot and doesn't seem to have a very solid chin. I don't think Berto is exposed, I knew he had all those flaws when I first saw him fight, he's not a complete fighter, he's a solid Welter that can be polished a bit more but I think this is as good as he will ever get. If you feed him to a top 5 Welter he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              Collazo showboating wasn't helping either. Collazo looked for that lost when he put his hands down and badly impersonated Whitaker and then put less commitment towards his punches then Calzaghe (No offense) I had it even up untill the 12 which Berto clearly won...That including the stupid point deduction. So it wasn't a robbery but a fight that could have gone either way
              I thought that was poor judgement on his part , instead of showboating he shouldve threw anything to keep bringing in points and keep Berto from regaining his energy

Comment

Collazo actully was faster than Berto that night,Berto needs to work on his balance, his legs were to far apart,he fought with heart,but at the end of the night,point deduction especially,he did not win,a draw was as close as he got,its a shame when a man puts months of training and fights a hell of a fight that 3 judges can take away his W.Collazo lost round 12,but he wasnt knocked down and he made the bell,he deserved better,its a shame!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Tornado View Post
                  He's got way too many flaws, his inside game is horrendous and that is being generous. His stamina lacks as well, I think all that mass he puts up for fights always take a toll on him, AND he gets tagged a lot and doesn't seem to have a very solid chin. I don't think Berto is exposed, I knew he had all those flaws when I first saw him fight, he's not a complete fighter, he's a solid Welter that can be polished a bit more but I think this is as good as he will ever get. If you feed him to a top 5 Welter he will lose.
                  Losing to a top 5 in your weight class, especially one as talented as this division, doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. Or that you've been exposed.

By the way, he's been stunned by shots and went down against a lighter puncher who caught him when he got careless and didn't see the punch. He's got a decent chin. And when he gets into a rhythm, his defense is A LOT better. Collazo just made sure that didn't happen. Good for Collazo, that isn't a knock against Berto. Berto should be matched tough.

This is one thing that makes me feel bad for promoters. When they puff up a young chargers resume, they get blasted. So then they match them up evenly, and it's a tough, hard-contested fight and their fighter gets 'exposed' all of a sudden.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Comment

I thought that was poor judgement on his part , instead of showboating he shouldve threw anything to keep bringing in points and keep Berto from regaining his energy
                    I dont think he was showboating,Berto cought him with a body shot that hurt him,so he kept his hands down because of that and tried to make it look otherwise,that said,his corner saw he was losing momentum,they called him on it and he got right back to handing Berto the buisness!!

Comment

Good post. I had Collazo winning by one point but it could've gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X