Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price-Tony Thompson is Set for February 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mismatch bout. Thompson will be on the canvas by the 8th rd or less.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Price is a waste of talent. He is fighting another shot tomatoe can. Thomson showed whst he will do his last fight.

This guy is truly a baby.

Step up Price!!! Horrible career trajectory.
      I actually don't mind this match up. In such little fights he's fighting someone who fought the legit champ under a year ago. Unlike someone like Deontay Wilder who's got double the fights as Price (26-0) and STILL fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
        I actually don't mind this match up. In such little fights he's fighting someone who fought the legit champ under a year ago. Unlike someone like Deontay Wilder who's got double the fights as Price (26-0) and STILL fighting bums.
        I agree with you and I think even with his 40 year old and above opponents Price has still fought better opponents than Wilder. And there is nothing wrong with Price facing Thompson in only his 16 fight. After all Thompson was ranked in the top ten by Ring magazine more recently than anyone that Fury has fought.

Comment

A Thompson fight doesn't look to bad when you take a look at Fury's and Wilder's last opponents.

Comment

Thompson is a good step up for Price.

Comment

What a joke.. Price should fight someone young and hungry instead of beating up old men. Thompson will get KOed

Comment

Theres some real clowns on here, how can a fighter in only his 16th fight taking on a top ten ranked man who's last fight was for the world title be criticized. Being beaten by Wlad does not make him shot and Thompson is still a very capable operator unlike the useless Kingpin Johnson, very good test for Price and one that might just be a bit much for him at this stage of his careeer. Outside of the Klitschko's and David Haye Thompson is as good an opponent as any heavyweight out there.
                Last edited by hogey; 12-19-2012, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                  Outside of the Klitschko's and David Haye Thompson is as good an opponent as any heavyweight out there.
                  I have no problem with Price taking this fight, but what you've written here is just not true. Adamek, Povetkin, Arreola, Chagaev, and a handful of others are better than Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    I have no problem with Price taking this fight, but what you've written here is just not true. Adamek, Povetkin, Arreola, Chagaev, and a handful of others are better than Thompson.
                    Respect your opinion mate, but i dont agree any 4 of those you named have done a lot to show me they are much better than Thompson. I know Adamek is a better fighter but not at this weight and Povetkin is just a paper champion who has struggled against real dross. At the end of the day the whole division is poor and although the fighters you mentioned would be good tests, you know as well as i do they are not gonna risk their rankings with someone as hard hitting as Price, so Thompson is about as good as it gets.
                    Last edited by hogey; 12-19-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                      Theres some real clowns on here, how can a fighter in only his 16th fight taking on a top ten ranked man who's last fight was for the world title be criticized. Being beaten by Wlad does not make him shot and Thompson is still a very capable operator unlike the useless Kingpin Johnson, very good test for Price and one that might just be a bit much for him at this stage of his careeer. Outside of the Klitschko's and David Haye Thompson is as good an opponent as any heavyweight out there.
                      If Thompson is top 10 ranked it's a joke, there should be at least 10 other contenders ahead of him in any ranking. Thompson is old and shot, Fury took a better challenge in Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X