No announcement yet.

Why Floyd is back? money? legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Floyd is back? money? legacy?

Floyd vs Ortiz 40M$+PPV's + Floyd vs Khan 40? 50? 60M$?+PPV's > Pacquiao 52M$ last year according to Forbes..

that is minimum (without endorsements) 100M$ for floyd in two fights and that is crazy!!!!

Ortiz+Khan+Pac = 170-200M$ minimum,

we all know Pac is going to take the test next year before or after Khan (Khan is the key) if not the press/public opinion will be against Pac

so.... legacy + 200M$ is the reason...
    Last edited by skillswin; 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM.

Maybe he needed money. But Pac screwed up by taking the JMM trilogy instead of Ortiz after Ortiz had beaten Berto. PBF was smart to jump in and snatch Ortiz for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
      Maybe he needed money. But Pac screwed up by taking the JMM trilogy instead of Ortiz after Ortiz had beaten Berto. PBF was smart to jump in and snatch Ortiz for himself.
      maybe because Ortiz gave hell to pacman in sparring?
      Last edited by skillswin; 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
        mayebe because Ortiz gave hell to pacman in sparring?
        I don't read too much into that. It was more about finishing business with JMM after the closeness of the first 2 fights. But despite that, I think Ortiz was a more meaningful fight since JMM just isn't going to be strong above the LW division.

Comment

mayebe because Ortiz gave hell to pacman in sparring?

yea, that's what it is

Comment

I don't read too much into that. It was more about finishing business with JMM after the closeness of the first 2 fights. But despite that, I think Ortiz was a more meaningful fight since JMM just isn't going to be strong above the LW division.
            Not sure if serious

Comment

styles make fights I think JMM dont have a chance at WW but maybe he can win 3 or 4 rounds before the inevitable happens...
              Last edited by skillswin; 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLABBER View Post
                Not sure if serious
                Quite. I'm sure he's gotten sick of JMM whining for the last 7 years and wants to get rid of him for good. But he let PBF come back and get an easy and credible win away from him by going that route.

Comment

style make fights I think JMM dont have a chance but mayebe he can win 3 or 4 rounds before the inevitable happens...
                  What him being Ko'd??? Trust me, and it pains me to say this because JMM is my favorite Mexican boxer of all time.

If he does win 3-4 rounds it's going to be because Pacquiao let him, Pacquiao could pull the trigger on him at anytime and JMM would be back peddling faster than Shane Mosley did.

He can't take Pacquiao's NEW power, if Cotto, Delahoya, Margarito, Mosley, and Clottey didn't do well with Pac's power SMALL Marquez is in for a asswhooping.

Comment

Floyd is basically broke thats why. He still owes the IRS for the Marquez fight and add his gambling losses and lawyer fees and theres no question hes broke.

And legacy from Ortiz? What legacy? Ortiz is a C level fighter at best and Maidana's B*tch.

At least Pac is fighting a surefire first ballot HOFer unlike wifebeater.

Comment

Working...
                    X