Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just realized my lil bro is like Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just realized my lil bro is like Floyd!

So he's 14 years old, pretty good amateur boxer with a similar style as Floyd's, very fast hands, good defense.

But he also has the Floyd deffect...he is an arrogant little prick! Cocky as hell and thinks he's the best thing ever and that the world revolves around him.
    I actually wanna see him get his ass whooped just so he can come back down from the cloud he's riding on. His record is only 8-0-6 and he thinks he's like an amatuer ATG.

Yea, Riley a fool

Comment

thats actually the mentality of a champion, if you had this mentality, you would probably be elite or great at something, instead since you dont have that competitive edge to you, you are bitching about it.

Your little brother is clearly dedicated to his craft and he should definately approach boxing like hes an all time great. this is ****in boxing, if you dont have it in your mind you are always going to succeed, you are gonna get knocked out.

maybe someday when you actually have the talent and the drive to be great at something, you will understand what it is to approach something like you are already a champion. So long as his work ethic matches his mouth, there isnt an issue here, get over that ****.

puzzy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        So he's 14 years old, pretty good amateur boxer with a similar style as Floyd's, very fast hands, good defense.

But he also has the Floyd deffect...he is an arrogant little prick! Cocky as hell and thinks he's the best thing ever and that the world revolves around him.
        I actually wanna see him get his ass whooped just so he can come back down from the cloud he's riding on. His record is only 8-0-6 and he thinks he's like an amatuer ATG.
        Is that 6 KO's (6) ...or 6 draws?

Comment

well, the confidence is good for ur brother.

and ur right, he needed his ass to be whooped to see how his heart is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            thats actually the mentality of a champion, if you had this mentality, you would probably be elite or great at something, instead since you dont have that competitive edge to you, you are bitching about it.

Your little brother is clearly dedicated to his craft and he should definately approach boxing like hes an all time great. this is ****in boxing, if you dont have it in your mind you are always going to succeed, you are gonna get knocked out.

maybe someday when you actually have the talent and the drive to be great at something, you will understand what it is to approach something like you are already a champion. So long as his work ethic matches his mouth, there isnt an issue here, get over that ****.

puzzy.
            Im happy for him but man, the constant "im the ****"..."i can whoop anybody"..."i can't be touched" remarks can really get annoying, plus he is always talking down on our little cousins who aren't that good at boxing. Even my dad tells him he needs to respect his opponents or he'll end up like Linares. That's what happens when you don't respect your opponent's skills and think you are better than everyone and overlook ****.
            Last edited by -Huey-; 04-20-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post

puzzy.
              I somewhat agree with you, I had a cousin who was cocky @s f**k and rubbed people the wrong way, but guess what, in the end he backed his **** up, whether i'd be in athletics, school, life and his career.

but, it can also be just "hot-air" or being influenced by a show called 24/7.

True confidence to me is someone who always sees the positive in any situation. Just blurtin' out a bunch of noise is not an accurate sign of genuine confidence. We'll see how the TS's bro's confidence is when he faces someone better than him. How he deals with setbacks, when the only person he can truly fall on is himself.

A person who is a good example who was half bragadoccio, but also had what I considered true confidence was Ali. He talked the talked, and walked the walk, and it wasn't only in the ring, he stood up when many else would've just gone along with the f**ked up system he had to deal with.

Comment

You just described 50 percent of all the teenagers in America and it has nothing to do with athletic ability.

Comment

lol why don't you give him the ass whooping yourself...unless you're the kind who gets bullied by his younger brother

Comment

You best thank the Gods if your brother is even remotely similar to Floyd. Not many boxers out there are that great.

Comment

Working...
                    X