Christian Bale To Be In The Micky Ward Movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Bale To Be In The Micky Ward Movie

Christian Bale Gears Up And Loses Weight For His Next Film, ‘The Fighter’
    Published by Eric Ditzian on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:30 pm.

Though Christian Bale has two huge entries in the summer ’09 movie season—“Terminator Salvation” and next Wednesday’s “Public Enemies”—he hasn’t actually shot a film in a year. But this July he’ll be returning to work and—as MTV’s Josh Horowitz learned during an interview with the actor to promote “Enemies”—kicking some serious ass when he does.

The film, called “The Fighter,” co-stars Mark Wahlberg, and tells the true story of “Irish” Micky Ward (Wahlberg), who goes on a “Rocky”-like journey through the world of light welterweight boxing with the help of his brother Dickie Eklund (Bale), a boxer-turned-jailbird-turned-trainer.

“I’ve had to loose a great deal of weight because he was a welterweight,” Bale said.

Check out the video below to see what Bale has to say about returning to work and spending a great deal of time with “Fighter” director David O. Russell, who, like Bale, once suffered through his own embarrassing on-set tirade.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/06/24...m-the-fighter/

Welcome to 2008

Comment

Points, a.

Comment

I always thought it was going to be Wahlberg and Pitt, not Bale. News to me, cheers. I think he'll be good aswell.

Comment

**** your amatuer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JmtRyan View Post
            I always thought it was going to be Wahlberg and Pitt, not Bale. News to me, cheers. I think he'll be good aswell.
            Bale >>>>>>> Pitt, Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rich Loc- View Post
              Bale >>>>>>> Pitt, Imo.
              no way.

So who is going to play Gatti? They have to include the Gatti fight in a Micky Ward movie.

Comment

sounds intriguing i think i might have to check that movie out. I know i'm gonna watch the Dillinger movie though. There's a lot of conspiracy theories regarding John Dillinger.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  no way.

So who is going to play Gatti? They have to include the Gatti fight in a Micky Ward movie.
                  That's what I was thinking.

It should be one of those Gotti boys from the reality show.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    no way.

Isn't Pitt playing Gatti?

Bale is cool. But he's a so-so actor. Still, can't wait to see this.

Comment

Working...
                    X