Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Cotto vs. Mayweather; Cotto capable of beating Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arum would never put his cash cow in against floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      I really think Floyd would have shut out Cotto, and stopped him late.
      Why didn't he stopped Judah, Corley, Baldomire? Are we suppose to believe he should do better against better competition or are you just hoping for the best.?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Hey...If I recall, back in '98-03, Roy Jones had the same aura as Floyd for being undefeated (regardless of the DQ which nobody counted) and at the top of the Boxing world.

If you asked any of his fans then if they thought he'd ever lose or get KO'd you'd get the same response as the Floyd fanatics here when you say guys like Cotto or Mosley or Pac could indeed beat him.

If Floyd gets in there with the top guys right now, it's tough to say he has a huge edge over any of those 3 just because his name is Floyd Mayweather. I think that's where some people's judgement goes out the window and favoritism comes into play. If you look at a lot of these threads dealing with Floyd fighting any of the top guys you RARELY see his fans give reasons as to why and how Floyd would beat them much less KO a guy like Cotto who's proven he can hang with the best fighters and hardest hitters at WW. At least explain yourself (minus the bold lettering and colored fonts of course LOL)

Like I keep mentioning: People are remembering Floyd for what he was; nobody knows what he is at this point. Things change over time.
        And circumstances matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          arum would never put his cash cow in against floyd.
          I find it hard to believe a promoter who has 2 of the biggest names in the sport in his stable would balk at the notion of getting a fight with Mayweather because he believes they'd lose. What kind of promoter stays in business with that type of mentality?

Now obviously there's a difference when the fighter you want to oppose your fighters is asking for $20 Mill guaranteed. Not even GBP is going to pay him that, but does that mean GBP wouldn't put Mosley in there with Floyd because they think he'd lose?
          Last edited by RL_GMA; 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            In an old Mayweather fan thread... you were deemed to be my rival...

Am I forgetting a large chunk of life or is this completely made up?
            It happened, but I havent really posted here for almost a year.

Comment

yea but why did you make cotto duck Mayweather, its because your were too scared of messing up your future money. Mayweather would have handled him.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh all. View Post
                yea but why did you make cotto duck Mayweather, its because your were too scared of messing up your future money. Mayweather would have handled him.
                that's the key word. WOULD. all u mayweather fans can say.

it's a shame that mayweather never proved himself against the top fighters

Comment

Working...
                X