Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about how Donaire is P4P but Mares is not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your getting away with low blows, you' d be mad to not to keep throwing them.

Comment

I have always felt Donaire is the most overrated guy on the p4p lists in terms of ranking. Guys like Max Kellerman really hype him up, and although I do think he's a very good fighter, not the great fighter some make him out to be. And you're right, Mares has arguably just as good, if not better, of a resume than Nonito and he is taking tough fight after fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        There's no denying he's dirty and I thought he did much better in the Agbeko fight. But let's face it, both guys were being dirty tonight. Who knows if he's doing it on purpose or not cause HE IS a wild puncher half of the time.
        Which one? The first ball busting fight or second more clean fight. My point is that Mares DIDN'T have to do the low blows later in the fight and the ref deduction of 1pt from Mares would have been fine with me.

This is second time where refs clear seen the low blows and didn't call it.

At times, Mares looks "Duran-esque". Homeboy went all out like he had nothing to lose.

Comment

Donaire loss will come at the hands of a guy like Salido. He wont fight Mares and he wont fight Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
            Donaire loss will come at the hands of a guy like Salido. He wont fight Mares and he wont fight Rigo.
            funny guy

donaire wants to fight mares and vice verse

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              I had 115-111 for Mares, a clear win. BTW I don't know why people keep complaining so much about Mares being dirty, I mean it's not like Moreno wasn't dirty tonight, the guy keep pushing, turning his back to Mares and pushing him down.
              Moreno was being dirty is retaliation, but the clear, outright dirty fouls were done by Mares over the course of the whole fight a hell of a lot more than Moreno. The pushing by Moreno was always when he got hit in the nuts by a 17 punch combination and you could see him get annoyed and push Mares off.

There was one period of the fight, about 30 seconds, in which Mares threw clear, very low blows over and over right in front of the ref and there wasn't even a warning. Then Moreno pulls his head down in retaliation to two more low blows in the same round, or the one after, and gets deducted for it straight away.

If you didn't see what was wrong with the ref and that fight in terms of Mares being dirty you're clearly missing a lot.

Btw, turning to the side in clinches is not illegal. Punching someone in the back while in a clinch is illegal. Yes, Moreno got spun or spun himself in a clinch but it was few and far between and it's not dirty. Punching someone in the nuts is dirty, turning in a clinch is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                funny guy

With the way Donaire fights and stylistically, he would probably have more problem with Moreno than with Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                  funny guy

Donaire most likely will vacate after Arce, and move into 126 with Arum looking to match him up with guys like Ghonzalez and Hasegawa before putting a strap on him.

I don't see him entertaining Mares nor Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I think Donaire stops Mares aswell.

I don't see anyone at 122 or below beating Donaire.
                    Nope. Completely agree. There isn't anyone currently skilled enough, though there are many excellent fighters, to beat Donaire as it stands. There are some hard fights out there for him that could be pick em fights, especially at 126, but I don't see anyone from 122, Rigo/Mares included, that would beat him.

The one guy I think would give him the most trouble, purely because of the style match up, is the guy we just saw lose, Moreno. His one big flaw is pressure and Donaire doesn't have anywhere near the type of dog and scrappiness that Mares has and I think that would be a close, hard fight for him as it would suit Moreno's pace and style very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                      Donaire most likely will vacate after Arce, and move into 126 with Arum looking to match him up with guys like Ghonzalez and Hasegawa before putting a strap on him.

I don't see him entertaining Mares nor Rigo.
                      Let's hope that doesn't happen. Apart from Darch and Montiel it will just be another division in which the supposed 'top guy' doesn't fight any of the top guys. Doniare has the talent, and the chances more importantly, to have a truly great career. The stack of talent in and around his division is better than it has been for quite some time and he has the chance to cement himself a lasting legacy of greatness, yet it seems to be slipping him by. That's not Donaire's fault. It's his promoter, Arum.

...and there are some people that wonder why Arum gets such heat around here, especially that Edgarg ****** who has a little cry every time someone curses Arum's name.

Comment

Working...
                      X