No announcement yet.

Double Standards an at all time high

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Standards an at all time high

So every time I read around here I see nothing but fanboys talking **** about Pacquiao "draining" his opponents by a couple of lbs, always trying to discredit the guy. But then I turn around and see the same people put Ward #1 P4P over Floyd and Martinez. How does that work? Ward just drained his opponent by 7 freaking lbs. If he wanted to earn that #1 spot he should've challenged himself and gone up to 175. I mean, Floyd just did it. He went to Cotto's weight and beat him. And what has Ward done that Martinez hasn't? He's been KO'ing all his opponents in the process too. He probably would've KO'ed Chavez too if his damn hand hadnt broken and Chavez wasn't so damn huge.

I can't believe Im in here defending Floyd . And just for the record I could care less where you have Pacquiao on your P4P list. But dont come in here saying Ward deserves to be above Floyd AND Martinez. To top it all off, he fights Dawson at 168 and 2 months later he's talking about going to 175. Wtf is that?

PS Oh then we have a moron around here talking about how Martinez was on his bike all night vs Chavez yet he is just fine with Ward's lame ass clinching and headbutting. I think we all know who Im talking about. Just wanted to give him a shoutout.

No double standard here, Dawson ASKED to be drained, Pac begged his opponent to drain before he fights them.

Comment

And yes Dawson was drained and Ward doesnt get that much credit in that win..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray*
        No double standard here, Dawson ASKED to be drained, Pac begged his opponent to drain before he fights them.
        How did Pacquiao beg? Last I recall Dawson asked Ward for a catchweight during negotiations no? At least at 170 Ward would've gotten a little more credit. And how you figured he doesn't get much credit? Ring elevated him over Martinez and some people here have him #1 over Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          TKO 1st page.

Comment

yea its a double standard

Comment

Damn so this is what your 1st troll tread looks like ey homey??

Fact #1 Ward didn't ask to fight Dawson, nor did he demand Dawson to fight at 168.

Fact #2 Pacman demanded Cotto at a catchweight, Margarito & Marquez. Not exactly the same if you catch my drift.

Fact #3 Floyd actually owned a 154lb title before he fought Cotto.

It is also as close to a fact as it can be that over the last 2 years Ward has beaten beater fighters than both Floyd & Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray*

TKO 1st page.
                Good stuff.

Now tell us how Ward deserves to be #1 P4P over Floyd or #2 over Martinez.

Comment

Pac went up in weight and opponents were expected to make concessions for him. Dawson put himself in a bad position by writing a check that his mouth couldn't cash. I hate catch-weights for belts. Ward/Dawson @170 would've been unfair for Chad. 168 or 175, no in between. Dawson took a chance and he failed, plain and simple. The only way for Ward to get 100% credit would be to beat Dawson @175.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    How did Pacquiao beg? Last I recall Dawson asked Ward for a catchweight during negotiations no? At least at 170 Ward would've gotten a little more credit. And how you figured he doesn't get much credit? Ring elevated him over Martinez and some people here have him #1 over Floyd.

i dont rate the win because the win is tainted with the draining of Dawson, But i dont blame The Ring magazine for what they did, I mean they have been doing the samething with Pacquiao even though some of his wins are against fighters who he basically use his name and power to drain, I hate draining and i dont not agree with it especially when a fighter alway wants to drain his opponent before him or his team feels confident enough to take the fight, I dont care if its 1Ib of weight..its annoying, Dawson was an idiot period, You dont go live on TV and say yeah i would take the fight at 168 then expect your opponent to let the fight happen at 170.

Comment

Working...
                    X