Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Berto beat sMosley does he become the number 1 WW in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto should be number 1 welter right now anyways, because he's beaten : mosley judah quintana clottey gomez jennings urkal, way more welters than mosley has. cotto would destroy berto in 5 and everybody knows that.

Comment

Maybe .

Comment

Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
        cotto should be number 1 welter right now anyways, because he's beaten : mosley judah quintana clottey gomez jennings urkal, way more welters than mosley has. cotto would destroy berto in 5 and everybody knows that.
        Judah and Quintana are so so wins. The other ones are laughable. Any top WW would beat those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
          The thing is Berto is not top 5 WW right now i believe it's

Mosley
          Cotto
          Clottey
          Margarito
          ****! Berto is top5

So if Cotto beats Pacquiao does he become #1? Pacquiao is not a top WW. So I think Mosley has to lose to Berto in order for Cotto to be #1.
          i would have agreed with you about the Cotto not moving up the WW rankings for beating PACMAN but PBF beat up a un-proven@ WW .... LW champ and was moved up to #2 at WW by ring....So if Cotto beats PAC i don't see how they can keep Cotto from the number 1 spot at WW and at least number 2 p4p....it's only fair with the way they treated the Mayweather win.

As for who is the top WW at the moment...I have no issue with anybody who has Shane at the top spot...but i believe that it takes more then 1 win to become top of the food chain...Even if you do beat the man that beat the man ect...Margo wasn't lineal at the time Mosley beat him...So Mosley holds no liniage at WW....Are you telling me that you would put anybody who beat Mosley @ WW right now at number 1 ww?
          Thats pretty dumb if you think about it....

Cotto's resume @ WW speaks for itself...while Mosley has been trying to cash in on his impressive mauling of Margarito...Cotto has a decision win over the #3 WW in the world and givin the cloud of suspicion surrounding his only loss...I don't see it as bias to give Cotto the top spot.
          Last edited by BOOMbip; 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Styles makes fights in my opinion and another guy cant fight a fight for you. i NEVER SAY "o he's the best because the guy he beat has beat him, him and him".

cotto beat mosley but he couldnt beat margarito like mosley did so unless you actually face the guy yourself you cant overtake him in the list. thats like a fighter on his pro debut fighting pacquaio in his first bout and winning and then him just being regarded as the best in the era because pacquaio did all the work for him.

if berto beats mosley it would be robbery for him to jump past cotto and clottey. berto's record isnt amazing or at least still not better than any other top welterweight even ones with losses (considering his competition in his fights so far have been weak!) and mosley's recent record isnt great, remeber mosley is on a comeback because his carreer isnt going down the ****ter, his only notable win in AGES is margarito, hes even hassling mayweather at the end of his fight for a chance at him, if mosley is no1 why is he chasing everyones arse and acting so desperate, if you numero uno people chase your ass for fights

Comment

Originally posted by ntate88 View Post
              if mosley is no1 why is he chasing everyones arse and acting so desperate, if you numero uno people chase your ass for fights
              Good point... but I don't know why Mosley hasn't captured more fame and acclaim. People are overall pretty brutally indifferent to him

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                Mosley is the number 1 welterweight in the world right now according to the majority of BScene.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265172

If Berto beats Mosley I think Cotto should automatically hop over to #1, Berto at #2, and Mosley at #3.

But if Pacquiao beats Cotto then where would we rank Cotto if Berto beats Mosley in Jan??? I'm kinda confused here
                If Cotto and both Mosley lose than I'm not sure what happens. Mayweather might be number 1 by default then

Comment

We cant be hyporcrties. We always talk about how boxing sucks with a million belts at every division and we all agreed that there is only 1 true champ at a time, despite with the belts say. Floyd was the man but if you want to argue that he retired and didnt beat any of these WW's then fine. After that most would consider Cotto to be the man. Then Cotto lost to Margarito who then lost to Mosley. That means Mosley is the #1 guy. If Berto beats him then he beat the man. He should be #1. If this were the old days like we all want it to be then Berto would be the Champ, right? Its that simple. Mosley is the sole owner of the real title right now because he beat the previous sole owner in Margarito who beat the previous sole owner in Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    We cant be hyporcrties. We always talk about how boxing sucks with a million belts at every division and we all agreed that there is only 1 true champ at a time, despite with the belts say. Floyd was the man but if you want to argue that he retired and didnt beat any of these WW's then fine. After that most would consider Cotto to be the man. Then Cotto lost to Margarito who then lost to Mosley. That means Mosley is the #1 guy. If Berto beats him then he beat the man. He should be #1. If this were the old days like we all want it to be then Berto would be the Champ, right? Its that simple. Mosley is the sole owner of the real title right now because he beat the previous sole owner in Margarito who beat the previous sole owner in Cotto
                    Wrong....Mosley is not the linial champion at WW it is vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
                      Wrong....Mosley is not the linial champion at WW it is vacant.
                      Its vacant because of Floyd but everyone disses Floyd and says that he's not a real WW champ anyways so the next guy is Mosley obviously

Comment

Working...
                      X