No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Canelo Closed Circuit Pulls in $2.6 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Canelo Closed Circuit Pulls in $2.6 Million

The fantastic numbers continue to roll in for last Saturday’s mega-fight between Canelo Alvarez and Floyd Mayweather.

The latest? That the closed circuit broadcasts for the bout held at locations around Las Vegas pulled in a remarkable $2,615,360, according to figures provided by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

These showings sold 26,163 seats, or about $99.96 per ticket. Another 200 were given away.

That just adds more revenue to the record-breaking mark for revenue from the live audience at the MGM Grand. A total of 16,146 paid for tickets, bringing in a gate of $20,003,150, according to the commission. Another 50 arena tickets were given away.
    [Click Here To Read More]

got to tip my hat to alverez he sure knows how to draw a crowd !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
      Your like a yapping Chihuahua that needs a foot up the ass .

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
        of course,90% at the mgm were his fans,he had more fans in Michigan than Floyd did,more fans in las vegas (floyds hometown) than Floyd did,the kid did great,lets see how mayweather does in his next fight,he already chose Mexican holidays (he isn't stupid)

Comment

Great job Canelo, i gues the guy is a superstar

Comment

I'm going to buy David Greisman's book The Heart And Heartbreak of Boxing. He is a fantastic writer and I recommend his book and articles to everybody. Keep up the great work, David!

Comment

Well I had a fight party and the 20 something people there were all Mayweather fans. Floyd may reside in Las Vegas, but it is a high Mexican population, along with surrounding states (California, Arizona) and Mexico.

Comment

Floyd is da man he gets all the credit.,... he get big pay per view even fighting a bum

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
                  Floyd is da man he gets all the credit.,... he get big pay per view even fighting a bum
                  I didn't know Mayweather fought Broner lol. Regardless of who the better fighter is Canelo sure draws more people at this than pbf. It would be nice if cable companies could do a survey of the people that bought the ppv guarantee 90% are Mexicans or hispanics.

I kept hearing everyone talk about the canelo fighting little kids girls old woman people who would normally never watch boxing and all they talk about canelo. All i kept saying was he is to young and green.

Comment

Floyd sells

The views in Mexico increased considerably because of Floyd. Televisa recorded their highest views yet, more than the eight times Canelo was on without Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X