No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darley Perez Vows To Shock Yuriorkis Gamboa on 6/8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darley Perez Vows To Shock Yuriorkis Gamboa on 6/8

Undefeated lightweight contender Darley Perez (28-0, 19 KOs) has signed on to fight explosive Cuban superstar Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16 KOs) in the co-feature of an HBO telecast taking place on June 8th, live from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. The main event that evening will be a light heavyweight title tilt between Chad Dawson and Adonis Stevenson. Perez vs. Gamboa is a strong addition to an already stellar night of boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Don't know 'bout that. Darley got rocked early in this fight by a smaller guy ...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      Don't know 'bout that. Darley got rocked early in this fight by a smaller guy ...

I don't think getting rocked by a smaller guy necessarily makes someone weak. That guy, Mamadjanov, isn't bad. He recently upset the very promising Cuban prospect Angelo Santana. Bahodir stopped Angelo on bodyshots. Whatever the case, Perez isn't likely to get past Gamboa. I'm super-curious to see how Yuri looks at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

That guy stopped Santana though.

Comment

Curious to see how Gamboa looks at 135

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't think getting rocked by a smaller guy necessarily makes someone weak. That guy, Mamadjanov, isn't bad. He recently upset the very promising Cuban prospect Angelo Santana. Bahodir stopped Angelo on bodyshots. Whatever the case, Perez isn't likely to get past Gamboa. I'm super-curious to see how Yuri looks at 135.
            Baha is a good fighter and he took the fight with Perez on shot notice. I thought Baha won 6 or 7 rounds, even with the kd Mamadjonov should have at least got a draw.
            I'm not that high on Perez besides his performance against Baha. Perez was down twice in his last fight against a guy that was 8-8-1 and had been stopped 4 times. The only reason why this fight is interesting to me is because Perez is a big strong lw and Gamboa is small for 135. Not to mention much smaller guys have put Gamboa on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              Baha is a good fighter and he took the fight with Perez on shot notice. I thought Baha won 6 or 7 rounds, even with the kd Mamadjonov should have at least got a draw.
              I'm not that high on Perez besides his performance against Baha. Perez was down twice in his last fight against a guy that was 8-8-1 and had been stopped 4 times. The only reason why this fight is interesting to me is because Perez is a big strong lw and Gamboa is small for 135. Not to mention much smaller guys have put Gamboa on the canvas.
              Yeah, I think most of us are just curious to see how Gamboa looks at 135. I don't think there are too many Darley Perez fans out there.

Comment

Hey this guy Gave that Bahama mama guy hes first loss i didnt know that til now hes serious business.

Comment

Gamboa is going to mop the floor with this dude. Gamboa is the real deal!
                  His only competition is Adrian Broner! And himslef. He sometimes gets bored and leaves his hand low. He has been dropped for being careless before, but like the champion he is he rises and finishes off his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    Hey this guy Gave that Bahama mama guy hes first loss i didnt know that til now hes serious business.
                    Yea, though that was a very close fight. Perez was also a good amateur, Olympian in fact. Lost to Ugas in the amateurs

Comment

Working...
                    X