No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Unable To Help Sam Soliman With BDB Sanctions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF Unable To Help Sam Soliman With BDB Sanctions

The International Boxing Federation says it can't overturn the sanctions imposed on Sam Soliman following a drugs test, despite acknowledging the Australian fighter's B sample tested negative.

The BDB (Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer), the German boxing body overseeing Soliman's February middleweight fight with Felix Sturm in Dusseldorf, changed the Australian's points win to a no contest and suspended him for nine months after announcing he had tested positive to an illegal stimulant in a post-fight drugs test.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully they will keep him at number one in their rankings and he can have the match with Geale. I like Sam but I'm not keen on Sturm. He blatantly ducked GGG.

Comment

The B Sample only came out negative because it wasn't tested for the drug Soliman actually tested positive for in the A sample. They only retested for the drugs on the IBF list, which doesn't include everything that's banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency or the BDB. Soliman is still technically took a PED going by WADA standards, but not by IBF standards.

I think the drug is also not allowed by Australian commissions either so it'll be interesting how they handle it.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-10-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X