No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Sr: Povetkin Has More Tools Than Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Sr: Povetkin Has More Tools Than Klitschko

Anatoly Lomachenko, the father and coach of two-time Olympic boxing champion Vasyl Lomachenko, believes WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin has more tools in his arsenal than WBA/IBO/IBF/WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko. Not only does he believe Povetkin has more tools, he also believes the boxer is more than capable of making it a real fight with Wladimir.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Povetkin believed likewise about himself, he would have fought Wlad already.

Comment

Not physically he doesn't. He does not have one single advantage in that department. Povetkin will not go 12 rounds with Klitschko. He will get stopped.

Comment

Comment

He's entitled to his opinion but its not something I agree with. Klitschko, for the most part, doesn't really use all his skill set because he doesn't need to against the likes of Mormeck, as his height and jab win the fight alone. However, his footspeed and use of distance in the Haye fight was pretty good for such a big guy, in the first Thompson fight I thought his use of the uppercut to penetrate a high guard from a tall guy/stance was something different again. When pushed by Steward in the Chambers fight he showed his ability to hook and put the pressure on and took away Peter's right hand in their second fight after taking a good shot in the first round.

Povetkin is a good fighter and controls fights well but I don't see the same ring IQ or technique. The Huck fight required adaptability and it wasn't there, whether through poor conditioning or not remains to be seen. Pressure is the only chance he would have against Klitschko. That's not disrespectful to Povetkin, just against the very best in his division he would come up short most times unless Klitschko had an off day or he caught him with a lucky shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1270 View Post
            He's entitled to his opinion but its not something I agree with. Klitschko, for the most part, doesn't really use all his skill set because he doesn't need to against the likes of Mormeck, as his height and jab win the fight alone. However, his footspeed and use of distance in the Haye fight was pretty good for such a big guy, in the first Thompson fight I thought his use of the uppercut to penetrate a high guard from a tall guy/stance was something different again. When pushed by Steward in the Chambers fight he showed his ability to hook and put the pressure on and took away Peter's right hand in their second fight after taking a good shot in the first round.

Povetkin is a good fighter and controls fights well but I don't see the same ring IQ or technique. The Huck fight required adaptability and it wasn't there, whether through poor conditioning or not remains to be seen. Pressure is the only chance he would have against Klitschko. That's not disrespectful to Povetkin, just against the very best in his division he would come up short most times unless Klitschko had an off day or he caught him with a lucky shot.
            I believe Klitschko had an off day with Sanders (RIP), but Povetkin doesn't bang like Sanders either. -- Povetkin doesn't have anything over Wlad really.

Comment

Well those tools certainly weren't on display against Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                I believe Klitschko had an off day with Sanders (RIP), but Povetkin doesn't bang like Sanders either. -- Povetkin doesn't have anything over Wlad really.
                Exactly my thoughts, a solid all-rounder like Povetkin won't beat Wlad. Like you say Sanders, had the power and stance to trouble him when catching him on an off day, but this Wlad is much more experienced and can just get a boring UD if neccessary. Only someone with an above average attribute, such as speed/power (Haye, Pulev), height (Helenius, Fury, Price) or an unorthadox pressure fighter (in the Chisora mould) would have a chance if they applied their attribute correctly to make Klitschko do something he isn't used to doing. Easier said than done though!

Comment

Originally posted by 1270 View Post
                  Exactly my thoughts, a solid all-rounder like Povetkin won't beat Wlad. Like you say Sanders, had the power and stance to trouble him when catching him on an off day, but this Wlad is much more experienced and can just get a boring UD if neccessary. Only someone with an above average attribute, such as speed/power (Haye, Pulev), height (Helenius, Fury, Price) or an unorthadox pressure fighter (in the Chisora mould) would have a chance if they applied their attribute correctly to make Klitschko do something he isn't used to doing. Easier said than done though!
                  I could see where your coming from with that assessment but why didn't he take the rematch with Sanders (RIP).. He let vitali handle his business avenging his 2nd round brutal KO loss.. I think wlad is a good heavy in today's day but I honestly don't think he would have been competitive in any other era that wasn't as bad as the recent heavyweight dev. Great athlete great skill but he gets too much praise as I do not think he is as great as u guys make him seem. Specially after he couldn't avenge his brutal loss to Sanders.

Comment

Did Sauerland pay this guy for the quote to make sure Povetkin gets the shot vs Wlad?

Comment

Working...
                    X