Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at 158 in March?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at 158 in March?

Could the biggest fight in Mexican boxing land in Las Vegas? Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum says a possible fight between Mexican rivals Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez could take place in the month of March, instead of April, and at 158-pounds, which is one pound above the proposed catch-weight of 157. Arum is still discussing the possibility of such a fight with Alvarez's promoter, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

I really want this fight to happen. It totally won't though, this is just Arum up to his usual tricks and talking out of his ass.

Comment

Can Chavez even make 158?

Comment

Wow... I really thought that each promoter was planning the milk the proverbial mexican burrito until each respective fighter accomulated a record of 87-0! Of course, I can see how undaunting it would be to find decent matchups against no hopers, even with the help of the WBC and HBO.

Chavez, as far as I'm concern in a media creation, lacking the necessary skills to survive the boxing wilds without the careful care of his Team (Top Rank, HBO, WBC and Daddy). But I think that Alvarez, given time, can be a star on the sport.

But, I would love to watch these two young bucks fight. It will clear the way to the future superstar from mexico.... albeit, a somewhat limited star.

Stop teasing us (TR/GDP) and make it happen!

Comment

This fight is as probable as Mayweather/Pac

Comment

This aint gonna happend, this guys are ticket seller and cash cows for each company, they can keep fighting stiffs for 2 more years and make money, the WBC will see to that!!

Comment

Yeah, on the undercard of Mayweather-Pacquiao...

Comment

I think it might happen.

I think it's a better fight for JCCjr/Top Rank then it is for Alvarez/GBP.

Comment

If this fight happens, guaranteed to do one million ppv buys. I'm taking Canelo by ko is less than 10 rounds.

Comment

chavez wins by ko

Comment

Working...
                    X