No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell Discusses March Return, 2012 Run, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell Discusses March Return, 2012 Run, More

It’s not even been four weeks since his last outing, but the beginning of 2012 has seen heavyweight prospect Seth Mitchell return to the gym to start getting ready for his next fight. [Click Here To Read More]

id like to see him fight a chauncey welliver, stiverne, david rodriguez or franklin lawrence. all those guys are making an outside push for recognition. stiverne has 3 regional belts & is a top contender in WBC. id consider one of those guys.

Comment

i like everything about mitchell except for that right hand
      he pushes it out a bit

the hook is a big natural punch with a ton of power.

it's good to hear that he's such a serious student of the game as well. if he wants to extend his boxing career he's going to do well picking up some of the subtleties on film and working on them in the gym.

i also like that he's clearly not looking toward the klitschkos for at least a year.

if he can stay on HBO (and he's certainly looking like an HBO fighter, being american, personable, and exciting,) he'll make solid money during 2012, and he can make his run at the klitscko's in 2013 when they are a year older and he's a year better.

i still think he'd get badly dusted by either klitschko at this stage
      badly

he'd probably eat a right hand from wladimir and have no idea how to deal with it (after about six rounds of jabs in the face,) and get dropped.
      and vitali would walk him around the ring all night and put his hands on him (maybe simmilar to the williams fight)

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        id like to see him fight a chauncey welliver, stiverne, david rodriguez or franklin lawrence. all those guys are making an outside push for recognition. stiverne has 3 regional belts & is a top contender in WBC. id consider one of those guys.
        stiverne would be a fun fight

two late starters
        huge punchers

it probably wouldnt go more than five or six rounds

maybe less

perhaps two more fights and mitchell would be ready for that. i think his athletic quality and size would be the difference.

stiverne could also use to lose at least 15 lbs
        Last edited by New England; 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

he should target stiverne for that silver title...stiverne looked awful against an old washed up austin

Comment

Mitchell needs to fight kevin johnson next!

Comment

This guy will be a good HW fighter in the next couple of years he just needs to take his time.

Comment

If he's serious about top 15 guys then go for Arreola. Huge fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                  This guy will be a good HW fighter in the next couple of years he just needs to take his time.

I don;t knoiw. I see him on his ass and forgotten in a couple of years.

Would be nice if I got proven wrong though.

Comment

Sam Peter should be next,

Or Michael Grant.

Comment

Working...
                    X