No announcement yet.

Why doesn't GBP buy Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't GBP buy Top Rank?

Oscar has more than enough money to buy Top Rank and merge the two companies. After that merger, Oscar would control the vast majority of elite fighters from 118 to 175 and he could pay his fighters less because they wouldn't sign with smaller companies anyway. The biggest matches would get made right away : Mayweather/Pacquiao, Cotto/Canelo, Khan/Bradley, Rios/Maidana, etc. Everybody wins, except Bob Arum of course.

Haha, no he doesn't. Top Rank is worth significantly more than GBP. That is seriously unrealistic.

Comment

This isnt a very good thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Oscar has more than enough money to buy Top Rank
        err... how you figure?

Comment

Are you that stupid?
          Do you really think top rank they would sell themselves off??

Comment

What. Are you. Talking about.

Comment

Really, If anything I would have thought Top Rank would be equal or worth more they have been around a long time.

Comment

I was gonna make the same exact topic, except the other way around, TR buying out GBP.

I have no clue whose got the deeper pockets, Arum or Schaefer. But, Arum's been in the game for a very long, long time. Going by the way TR has been handling its boxing business, ie not wanting to co-promote w/ certain promoters, I think TR has more leverage than the other promoters.

It's like TR is sending the message to the rest of the promoters, "you need us, more than we need you"

Comment

BTW does Arum has any other son that can take over TR when he passes away? Bob doesn't have much time left in this world. Maybe he'll sell it to Todd DuBoef and some of his close guys, I doubt he lets them inherit it.

Comment

I think all the major promoters should join together, but im leaving in dream land.

Comment

Working...
                    X