Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Benard foresee a beatdown on himself in Oct.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Benard foresee a beatdown on himself in Oct.?

Anyone else think Benard was overly respectful to Pavlik during the interviews and during the press conference? He had TOO much respect for Pavlik and then went on to say, he's never been beatup in his caeer, ever, but then went on to say, so far. He kept implying so far in many of his statements indicating he might have trouble with Pavlik. He even has been mentioning, IF he loses, it won't be so bad because he's the old guy and Pavlik is the young gun. So with that already in his head, I think he's just going in for a paycheck possibly. He knows his fights and paychecks are coming to an end real soon with his age already going on borrowed time, and I think he's made a bad decision to take on Pavlik.

I dunno about that, he was pretty respectful to Winky Wright up until about a month or two before the fight, and even then it was more comedy then insults like calling him Twinky and the whole milk carton gag. Everytime they were together they were laughing the whole time. Even when he pushed his face Winky was laughing.

I think certain fighters/personality types bring out different versions of bhop. I honestly think hopkins respects pavlik more then lets say, calzaghe or jermaine taylor.

Comment

I found that strange myself very strange..
      Im not sure about the winky wright one i thought Hopkins gave it him right from the off with insults lol but he was very respectable..
      see if it lasts though

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
        I found that strange myself very strange..
        Im not sure about the winky wright one i thought Hopkins gave it him right from the off with insults lol but he was very respectable..
        see if it lasts though
        Hopkins knows how to sell tickets and he'll come through the last two weeks before the fight.

Comment

I agree with you, ElPac. There was something very different about him. He truly looked like an old man in the way he spoke, his body language. Or maybe it was because he needed a shave... but still, im very interested to see if Bernard becomes more like his usual self closer the fight gets

Comment

I still hope this fight doesn't come off. Hopkins almost ended Tarver's career, he seems to have ended Winky's career and he definitely knocked Calzaghe down some notches. Even if Pavlik wins, no way he looks good against BHop.

Comment

given the circumstances, I dont think Hop can hurt Pavlik to the point of taking him out.. sure he can stun him with that staright right a few times but thats all he got at this point.. pavlik is too young too hungry and too powerful for this version of hopkins and i think this will be the worse loss of hops career

Comment

Bernard knows better than to be blasphemous 2 fights in a row. I don't think he fears Pavlik, but he knows he lost some people's respect when he said what he said about Joe C, then lost to him.

Comment

Working...
                X