Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Expects To Fight in April or May, Wants Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Expects To Fight in April or May, Wants Title Shot

Juan Manuel Lopez (31-2, 28 KO's) is expecting to return in April or May and he wants to fight for a world title at 130 pounds. Although Juanma is a product of the WBO, he will probably target one of the sanctioning body champions because the WBO super featherweight title is held by his close friend and fellow Puerto Rican Roman 'Rocky' Martinez. After months of being away, Juanma returns to the ring this weekend in Bayamon against Aldimar Santos Silva of Brazil.

[Click Here To Read More]

no point if fighting Martinez if they are friends,how about salgado/mendes winner or going to japan to face uchiyama

Comment

He needs to worry about winning his first fight back.

Comment

Juanma

Sometimes one needs to fall off the bike a few times in order to learn how to ride it right. I think this will be the case for Juanma who was once on top of the world and learned a lesson from Salido......I hope he did learn anyhting from them two fights.

Juanma can still do it or at least we will see soon.

Comment

juanma vs mikey garcia

Comment

I dont care if JuanMa is not the next coming of Wilfredo Gomez this guy is an exciting fighter!! There aren't many exciting fighters in boxing today, somebody put this guy in the ring and pay this man!!

Comment

Who gives a **** if Juanma and Martinez are friends. I've always noticed it is rare for a Puerto Rican in his prime to face off with a fellow Puerto Rican, its almost like if their teammates looking for victories against other ethnicity's. Mexicans fight each other on a perpetual basis but not Ricans, whats up with that? I would have liked to see Martinez vs Juanma or last year Vasquez Jr vs Juanma or back then Cotto vs Cintron, Cintron vs Quintana or Cruz vs Martinez or Morel vs Orlandito but Ricans just don't fight Ricans.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                Who gives a **** if Juanma and Martinez are friends. I've always noticed it is rare for a Puerto Rican in his prime to face off with a fellow Puerto Rican, its almost like if their teammates looking for victories against other ethnicity's. Mexicans fight each other on a perpetual basis but not Ricans, whats up with that? I would have liked to see Martinez vs Juanma or last year Vasquez Jr vs Juanma or back then Cotto vs Cintron, Cintron vs Quintana or Cruz vs Martinez or Morel vs Orlandito but Ricans just don't fight Ricans.
                Considering Juanma and Vazquez Jr has had a perpetual beef I would loved to see this scrap...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                  Tito fought Camacho (not in his prime) and Cotto fought Quintana. I'm sure there are other PR vs PR matches but just throwing those two out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    Considering Juanma and Vazquez Jr has had a perpetual beef I would loved to see this scrap...
                    And I agree, Lopez v Vazquez jr would be nice

Comment

Working...
                    X