No announcement yet.

Diaz unconscious after collapse, goes to hospital for brain surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prayers are with him.

On another note, these guys named Diaz REALLY have to start using nicknames/fightnames! There are toooo many ****ing Diaz's in the sport. When i read the headline, my first thought was David Diaz, then i was like, "well maybe it could be Juan Diaz". Turns out its Oscar Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
      My prayers are with him.

On another note, these guys named Diaz REALLY have to start using nicknames/fightnames! There are toooo many ****ing Diaz's in the sport. When i read the headline, my first thought was David Diaz, then i was like, "well maybe it could be Juan Diaz". Turns out its Oscar Diaz.
      Yeah same here, Its a shame that this sort of thing happens.

Comment

Another sad thing is that is was not a one sided beating Atlas tried to make it sound a bit too one sided like Diaz was taking huge shots all night, they both took some good punches. Rodriguez was definately winning, but it was competitive and you got the feeling Diaz could land a big shot at any moment and end the fight because of Rodriguez's chin. After watching the 10th round I thought something changed in Diaz like he was getting tired, I guess just shows how tough he is.

Comment

Best wishes for Diaz.

Hope he pulls through this ****.

Comment

Local fighter where I'm from, hope he comes out alright.

Comment

Around 12:30 a.m. Central Time, family members told News 4's Harris that doctors were waiting to see if Diaz would need surgery for some swelling and bleeding on the brain.

Shortly before 1 a.m. we learned he was being wheeled into emergency brain surgery. That surgery ended around 4 a.m.

Look for updates here at woaitv.com and tune into News 4 WOAI at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. for the latest on the story.

thats the latest update i have been able to find, hope the dude makes a full recovery.

Comment

Working...
              X