anybody know?

i heard it was 180

170 max.....

Comment

enough to make floyd run.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        170 max.....
        Nah he was 174 lbs 30 days before the Chavez fight so he prob walks around at 180.

Comment

180-185..............

Comment

Virgil Hunter said in an interview recently(when discussing a potential Ward-Martinez fight) that he heard Sergio walks around at 183 or 184.

Comment

I think walk around weight does not mean that much. It can be misleading. Some fighters walk around between fights with lots of extra weight. Fat. Others like Hopkins and Mayweather walk around in shape and within 5 pounds or so of the weight they fight at. What percentage of their bodyweight is fat is a more meaningful statistic. Also when a fighter gives his walk around weight is that fully clothed after a big meal or with no clothes and empty. That could be 7 pounds or so different weights. I would guess Martinez wakes up in the morning weighing about 170 pounds with no clothes between training camps but that is just a guess.

Comment

Boxers don't fight at walk around weight so it's irrelevant, Hatton walked around as a CW. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think walk around weight does not mean that much. It can be misleading. Some fighters walk around between fights with lots of extra weight. Fat. Others like Hopkins and Mayweather walk around in shape and within 5 pounds or so of the weight they fight at. What percentage of their bodyweight is fat is a more meaningful statistic. Also when a fighter gives his walk around weight is that fully clothed after a big meal or with no clothes and empty. That could be 7 pounds or so different weights. I would guess Martinez wakes up in the morning weighing about 170 pounds with no clothes between training camps but that is just a guess.
                  true, walk around weights are useless

Comment

Working...
                  X