Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peterson, Berto and Tarver Be Banned for 4 years Like Larry Olubamiwo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    That's quite possibly the most ******ed thing I've ever heard. Nobody can ever prove they "purposely" cheated unless there exists footage of these guys doing it, which there isn't. So naturally they're going to sing the same tune that all professional athletes sing when they get caught on a blood or urine test : "I didn't know what I was taking!" , "It's a false positive!", etc, etc, etc....

Every human being on this planet knows what they're putting into their bodies, professional athletes even more so than the non-athlete. It's time to stop entertaining these fabricated stories and time to start punishing these as*holes for breaking the rules.

Period.
    Just because someone has an opinion that is not the same as yours you don't need to call them ******ed. I come hear to enjoy myself and talk boxing, not to get insulted by strangers. I don't treat anyone like that. If the amount of peds found in a boxer's system is enough to aid their performance and the test is proven to be correct then the fighter should be punished. Errors can be made in any type of testing. Would you want a fighter banned for life if he did not take peds. but a mistake was made in the testing that made him look quilty? Does this get me off your most ******ed list? If a fighter really has more than a trace amount of peds in their system then they are quilty and should be punished. Are we clear?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Would you want a fighter banned for life if he did not take peds. but a mistake was made in the testing that made him look quilty?
      When has an athlete ever tested positive for steroids but it was proven to be because of an "error in testing"? Give me one example of this ever happening, just one, and I'll concede that you have a point here.

I'll wait.....

Comment

It won't happen. Boxing disciplinary action has gone soft in the sport because it needs stars. I mean c'mon, the sport didn't even have the heart to suspend Margarito's license for more than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I say this......

1st time: 1 year
          2nd time: 2 years
          3rd time: Life

4 years for the first time is too much. Margarito had f**king bricks in his gloves and was only banned for a year.
          1 year? thats nothing man. 3 chances?? your too kind. I voted 4 years but 2 years is as low as i would go for the first offence. Second offence = life. I guess it would depend on what they did aswell. Technology and severe punishment is the best deterrant.

heres another idea. Money must be returned if a post fight test shows a positive result. ya i'm harsh. But this has to be delt with severely

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Larry Olubamiwo, a UK fighter who tested positive for banned substances, has recently been banned for 4 years in total.

Should American fighters Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto and now Antonio Tarver also be banned for 4 years as a penalty for testing positive for banned substances?

I don't care much for Peterson or Berto but I'm still shocked about Tarver being tested positive, he's one of my favorite fighters. But nevertheless, I have to reluctantly include him in this equation.
            Ban all them for 4 years.....what's fair is fair. The unknown dude gets a heavy penalty because he isn't a big revenue generator and the others get a break...that isn't right.

Comment

1 year ban (Olubamiwo's 4 year ban is too much)
              2nd offense 2years ban

Comment

Nope.

Olubamiwo was on what seemed to be the whole banned list substances.

Comment

4 years is lenient, these cats are playing with other people's lives and careers, it's criminal. This is not a game.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 06-26-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

6 mo to 1 yr ban would be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                    X