Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did floyd use xylocaine against mosley and ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes never taken it within a week of the fight which would be illegal.

Comment

I don't know...

It's still a form of cheating though.

Comment

Its Tested For and is Banned In Nevada

De La Hoya was given a shot of Lidocaine the day of the injury to numb the cut area so the stitches could be taken. Lidocaine is a substance banned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. But Marc Ratner, CEO of the commission, said there is no violation as long as De La Hoya informed the commission when he took it and why.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DE+LA+...29-a0122340014

Kizer confirmed yesterday that lidocaine is banned for use by boxers within a week of a bout. “If lidocaine is injected,” he said, “the pain receptors in the boxer may not work and he may not know if he is hurt.” He also confirmed that lidocaine would be tested for after the bout, at the Quest Diagnostics laboratory in the city.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3019074.ece

Nevada boxing officials said yesterday they would fine and probably suspend Lloyd Honeyghan. They said the British fighter tested positive for the painkilling drug lidocaine after losing his World Boxing Council welterweight title to Marlon Starling on Feb. 4.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/02/18/sp...l?pagewanted=1

Tested as far back as 1989

As Kizer explained it, fighters must, under penalty of perjury, sign a statement at the fight weigh ins discloosing what, if any, pain or other serious medication they have used or plan to use anytime between the weigh in and fight time.

“Mayweather has never disclosed any such information so, as far as we are concerned, this is not any kind of issue. I know the ardent Pacquiao fans talk a lot about but to us it's the same as the speculation about Pacquiao using any sort of drugs which comes from the Mayweather fans out there. Both of them have always tested clean in Nevada.”

Kizer said he could name other boxers who have asked permission to use aspirin, Lidocaine, cortisone and other “pain therapeutic” medications.

(Nevada commission director Keith Kizer)

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxin...ands-are-clean

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
          Does the USADA define Xylocaine as a PED? I know that some commissions, not all, DO classify it as a PED. Do I think he was using it in those 2 fights? No, I do not. I think that Floyd Mayweather was born with natural ability so I highly doubt that he uses PED's. Xylocaine is the closest people can get to saying that Floyd cheated. It had nothing to do with adding extra stamina, or extra speed. He began to get smarter by limiting his punch output, thus minimizing the risk of injury. He paces himself properly so he conserves energy. He's a smart fighter and he was born to fight. Manny Pacquiao is a different story. After watching both of the Pacquiao-Marquez fights, I can clearly see him getting tired in the late rounds in both fights. After that, he's able to blast Miguel Cotto with full power in round 12. He's able to have full power in round 12 against Margarito. We've already saw him struggling in the later rounds of his fights. He adds a S&C coach and begins to look like superman. Like he went through his whole career without struggling late in fights. I just watched both of those fights and he was fading late. Like I said, he gets the S&C coach and begins to pack on lean muscles with no fat. As far up as the mid 140's. 7,000 calories per day? Please. Let me see what he looks like when he has an anti-doping agency crawling up his ass during his training camp. I want to see if he looks like the Pacquiao that fought Marquez in 2008, or the Pacquiao that was 17 pounds heavier (18 months later) in there with Cotto. Pacquiao threw with full power right before Kenny Bayless stepped in and stopped the fight. If we have no proof, give us some proof that you are all natural by having one training camp supervised by an anti-doping agency.
          Wtf does this gotta do with manny. This is about Floyd if used xylocaine illegaly 1 week b4 the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
            Does the USADA define Xylocaine as a PED? I know that some commissions, not all, DO classify it as a PED. Do I think he was using it in those 2 fights? No, I do not. I think that Floyd Mayweather was born with natural ability so I highly doubt that he uses PED's. Xylocaine is the closest people can get to saying that Floyd cheated. It had nothing to do with adding extra stamina, or extra speed. He began to get smarter by limiting his punch output, thus minimizing the risk of injury. He paces himself properly so he conserves energy. He's a smart fighter and he was born to fight. Manny Pacquiao is a different story. After watching both of the Pacquiao-Marquez fights, I can clearly see him getting tired in the late rounds in both fights. After that, he's able to blast Miguel Cotto with full power in round 12. He's able to have full power in round 12 against Margarito. We've already saw him struggling in the later rounds of his fights. He adds a S&C coach and begins to look like superman. Like he went through his whole career without struggling late in fights. I just watched both of those fights and he was fading late. Like I said, he gets the S&C coach and begins to pack on lean muscles with no fat. As far up as the mid 140's. 7,000 calories per day? Please. Let me see what he looks like when he has an anti-doping agency crawling up his ass during his training camp. I want to see if he looks like the Pacquiao that fought Marquez in 2008, or the Pacquiao that was 17 pounds heavier (18 months later) in there with Cotto. Pacquiao threw with full power right before Kenny Bayless stepped in and stopped the fight. If we have no proof, give us some proof that you are all natural by having one training camp supervised by an anti-doping agency.
            if you can not feel an injury and it allows you to continue fighting with that injury that normally would hinder your performance its an enhancer, doesnt have to enhance endurance but like Dr Goodman states if you cant feel it your going to hit harder with it, which is true so in a sense yes it does make you hit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
              Its Tested For and is Banned In Nevada

De La Hoya was given a shot of Lidocaine the day of the injury to numb the cut area so the stitches could be taken. Lidocaine is a substance banned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. But Marc Ratner, CEO of the commission, said there is no violation as long as De La Hoya informed the commission when he took it and why.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DE+LA+...29-a0122340014

Kizer confirmed yesterday that lidocaine is banned for use by boxers within a week of a bout. “If lidocaine is injected,” he said, “the pain receptors in the boxer may not work and he may not know if he is hurt.” He also confirmed that lidocaine would be tested for after the bout, at the Quest Diagnostics laboratory in the city.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3019074.ece

Nevada boxing officials said yesterday they would fine and probably suspend Lloyd Honeyghan. They said the British fighter tested positive for the painkilling drug lidocaine after losing his World Boxing Council welterweight title to Marlon Starling on Feb. 4.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/02/18/sp...l?pagewanted=1

Tested as far back as 1989

As Kizer explained it, fighters must, under penalty of perjury, sign a statement at the fight weigh ins discloosing what, if any, pain or other serious medication they have used or plan to use anytime between the weigh in and fight time.

“Mayweather has never disclosed any such information so, as far as we are concerned, this is not any kind of issue. I know the ardent Pacquiao fans talk a lot about but to us it's the same as the speculation about Pacquiao using any sort of drugs which comes from the Mayweather fans out there. Both of them have always tested clean in Nevada.”

Kizer said he could name other boxers who have asked permission to use aspirin, Lidocaine, cortisone and other “pain therapeutic” medications.

end thread...

Comment

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
                Wtf does this gotta do with manny. This is about Floyd if used xylocaine illegaly 1 week b4 the fight
                Here is one video lemme dig around and get the Video where he says he had two injections for the fight... that may take some time not sure which fight its from I think Castillo 1

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post

Translation: We get letters, emails, and phone calls about this from Filipinos on a daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    end thread...
                    There are ways to test clean, I mean even people on steroids are testing clean, People who smoke weed can beat the system... and this **** about a fighter disclosing..... What the **** is that about? you think a fighter is going to admit that he took some ****? lets be ****ing real here nobody is going to admit a god damn thing especially when its a banned substance.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                      There are ways to test clean, I mean even people on steroids are testing clean, People who smoke weed can beat the system... and this **** about a fighter disclosing..... What the **** is that about? you think a fighter is going to admit that he took some ****? lets be ****ing real here nobody is going to admit a god damn thing especially when its a banned substance.
                      its not banned. its use time has parameters. de100 posted the link its not banned. and your talking about cheating the system? floyds adhearing to a better form of drug testing accurate random blood and urine testing. i can name a huge ppv fighter that is against better testing.

Comment

Working...
                      X