Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being a professional boxer worth it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worth it if it's your call in life and it's in your heart to be a fighter. If it's just a buisness for you and only for the money, then I say no.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      lot fo boxers in the UK have to work after retiring. They earn no money training, then fight maybe once every 3 months. If they lose a lot they don't really get paid, and if they win, the need to keep doing it. Only maybe 50 (I'm guessing) boxers in the world get apid more than a mill a fight.

So if they earn 50k, maybe 20-25 k is taken out for trainers, cutman, promtoer etc...

It's worth it if you are dirt poor from the beginning, but if you're an athlete that could have become something else like soccer, basketball, American footballer, baseball player then do it.

Even the wealthier boxers become poor. They just don't have a team structure and get looked after like a team sport. Team sports have history and elarn to get better and look after their stars, but also they always keep the fans while boxers can lose by losing a fight, and the fans may not be boxing fans who find other fighters to support.

The promoter pays you--the fighter---you do not pay the promoter

Comment

You also gotta think about your health, money isn't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
          I heard that Manny is in the top 25 richest Pinoys.
          he can fckin buy the whole island of the philippines, pay for the countries debt which has just been addin up throughout the yrs coz of damn politicians who steal all the freakin money< reason why the phil is still fckin poor while all the other countries around it are better off.

Comment

I am very thankful to the 10s of thousands of professional boxers who put their lives on the line, mostly for little money, to entertain us.

Comment

depends where your heart is. You WILL get hurt at some point. You have to fight as if you are dying...People forget this about boxing, because a spectator can't know.

If that is too much for you...or your family... then a pro career, or even an amateur career, of which only a select select few actually make bankable money, is not wise. But..what fighter is wise anyway...

Comment

Well if an average level boxer is active, he should be able to make at least 40 g's

Comment

Collazo is not a barber... he might own a barbershop or part of one, but he doesn't cut peoples hair... thats a fact

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
                    First, I am not talking about boxers who are paid well, Eg Tyson,Mayweather,Oscar,Pacman and others. But those who are pay way less.

Would you be happy with Ike Quartley career. How about Collazo,Torres,Lacy,Clottey and so on

After boxing what do these guys got??
                    I'd be happy if you grew a pair of balls and quit nsb like you said you would countless times and yet you're still here on another alt.

Comment

those were terrible examples..all of those fighters have made more then a few million in their career..so yea id be perfectly happy

Comment

Working...
                      X