No announcement yet.

How about JMM vs Rios next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about JMM vs Rios next?

I say Bob makes this one next...would be a war until JMM chops Brandon down how he did The Baby Bull in Houston, TX.

Perfect fight for JMM! Hopefully JMM's contract with Arum expires and we get JMM vs Danny Garcia after that!

why the **** would JMM fight Rios there is no money in that fight and no recognition might as well fight another no name in Mexico.
    on top of that Marquez won't give up 4-5 pounds in the scales if its not big money fight

Comment

Cinco de mayo lets do it

Comment

Love that match up. I hope it happens next. No way Pac goes in the ring after that KO loss to Marquez they are already talking about a tune fight before the rematch.

Comment

Better off fighting Bradley for the WBO welterweight title. Bradley is a better fighter with more name recognition and p4p status than Rios. Adds alot more to Juan's legacy.

Comment

No I want Marquez against one of this names. Bradley, Guerrero, Broner, Matthysse, Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              Better off fighting Bradley for the WBO welterweight title. Bradley is a better fighter with more name recognition and p4p status than Rios. Adds alot more to Juan's legacy.
              Bradley couldnt sell out his local high school gymnasium and he's also an extremely boring fighter. Rios is one of the most exciting fighters in the sport. Rios vs Marquez is a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                why the **** would JMM fight Rios there is no money in that fight and no recognition might as well fight another no name in Mexico.
                on top of that Marquez won't give up 4-5 pounds in the scales if its not big money fight
                Rios is a top #5 JR WW wtf are you talking about? this fight would sell big.

Comment

Pacquiao should stay away from JMM if he ever wants to land that Mayweather fight. One more loss and Floyd will have no interest in that fight whatsoever.

I say rematch Cotto since they both coming off losses, then rematch Bradley. After he beats Cotto and avenges his loss to Bradley, go on to fight Mayweather!

Comment

I think Bradley is better for his legacy but Rios brings so much excitement to the table its hard to not be excited about that match up!

As someone said if this was on cinco de mayo it brings in good dollars. They can also play up the Mexican vs Mexican American trend as well (im not from there but i hear there is some rivalry/resentment?).

Not to mention even if Rios loses we already know that a fight with Marquez will be exciting (see Katsidis and Diaz) so it shouldnt affect his marketability for too long if he loses.

Unfortunately Bradley has no shine at the moment. He never capitalized on the attention he got from the Pac fight (all publicity is good publicity) and at this stage i think Marquez would choose money over legacy.

And who knows another impressive win and he could be in line for a Mayweather rematch by virtue of Mayweather not having many viable opponents left if he wants to go back down to Welter.

Comment

Working...
                    X