Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

You forgot to add Ajose to the list of boxers. He can definitely deal with boxers and Peterson is not near the boxer those 3 are.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I did consider putting Ajose, but despite his quick hands i was more thinking of slick boxers. Ajose (possibly because of ring rust) had pretty poor footwork and defense when he faced Matts. It could be a testament to Lucas' ability but i thought defensively Ajose looked pretty average in that fight.
    Let's give Matthysse some credit.

Peterson said vs Matthysse he will resort to boxing but my guess is that it won't last long (think Rios vs Alvarado). Even if he choses to box the whole fight I doubt it will bother Matthysse, he will just do his usual. All Matthysse has done is faced boxers if you think about it. So Peterson should actually try brawling but I'm not sure that will work either, remember Matthysse spars with people like Rios. And Matthysse definitely has the power edge over Peterson.

Comment

What I am certain of, and history has shown this as well, is that Matthysse will have no trouble taking the early rounds, rounds 1,2 and maybe 3. More so because he's become a fast starter and Peterson is tentative early on.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that Lucas stops Peterson. Lamont has a terrible habit of pulling straight back with his upper-body while standing directly in front of people. Bad medicine, bad medicine in front of Lucas.

Comment

People really underestimating Lamont going into this fight, dude is the most skilled guy at 140 besides Garcia. Whether he on PED's or not he looked like a new man in the Khan and Holt fights especially after he got warmed up against Holt.

I like Matthysse a ton but this is gonna be a super tough fight for him, Peterson isnt Mike Dallas or Ajose Olgenqun. Im still not gonna act like I didnt see him get outboxed by a past prime Zab Judah close fight be damned

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            But your hometown guy is a cheat too!

I'm still not convinced on that I don't understand why he didn't disclose that he was on something but he had a doctor vouch for him so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt unless hes caught again then its shame on me for believing

Comment

Originally posted by GKMC View Post
              People really underestimating Lamont going into this fight, dude is the most skilled guy at 140 besides Garcia. Whether he on PED's or not he looked like a new man in the Khan and Holt fights especially after he got warmed up against Holt.

I like Matthysse a ton but this is gonna be a super tough fight for him, Peterson isnt Mike Dallas or Ajose Olgenqun. Im still not gonna act like I didnt see him get outboxed by a past prime Zab Judah close fight be damned
              Ajose right now is a better fighter than Holt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                Peterson has displayed very good inside fighting throughout his career, he beat Bradley on the inside, it was Bradley's boxing that ultimately allowed him to dominate. It's hard to make a pick here man, it really is.
                Dont get me wrong here im not saying this is an easy pick. I would not be surprised if Peterson came away with the win as he is a world class boxer with heaps of ability and heart, anything can happen.

But imo Matthysse just has a little more than Peterson in each area.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

But your hometown guy is a cheat too!

I'm still not convinced on that I don't understand why he didn't disclose that he was on something but he had a doctor vouch for him so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt unless hes caught again then its shame on me for believing
                  If you choose to give the benefit of the doubt thats you. I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt, not even Morales. There's no fkin way you forget to tell someone you're on such and such when getting tested. And a doctor's note is not hard to acquire either. Did that so called doctor even provide test results of Peterson's so called low testosterone levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Ajose right now is a better fighter than Holt.
                    eh I wont argue that, I think it's kinda even though

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      If you choose to give the benefit of the doubt thats you. I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt, not even Morales. There's no fkin way you forget to tell someone you're on such and such when getting tested. And a doctor's note is not hard to acquire either. Did that so called doctor even provide test results of Peterson's so called low testosterone levels?

I'm just under the impression though why haven't other fighters that have been caught got a doctors note if Peterson did that as a way to cheat. It certainly would have been easier for someone as big as Shane Mosley to do something like that IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X