Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$150 worth it to see Calzaghe/Jones LIVE? Please advise.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeh i pay...
    $150.
    I pay more then that for an ounce of the cheese bud so i would pay that 4sure

Comment

Originally posted by asdfasdf1111 View Post
      Hi

Tickets are available for the Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr. fight at Madison Square Garden for $150 a ticket, however the seats are very far away (in the 300's way off to the side (not center)). I like watching boxing on TV but would not call myself a huge fan. However, I always wanted to go to one live. Everyone I speak to (although none of them have ever been to a match) say that it isn't worth it unless you are very, very close to the ring. But like I said, I've never heard from anyone who actually has gone.

MY QUESTION: Is it fun to see a match live even if you are far (very far) away? Is it worth it for $150 when I can just go to a bar for and see it for $10? I don't mind paying the money, but just need someone to tell me what its like being so far away and if it is worth it as I don't want to spend the money to find that it is not fun and it looks like I am watching ants.

Please advise. Thank you for your help

IMO, if you can't afford a better ticket, use that money to watch that fight and two other PPV's later.

Comment

My opinion is, if u cant get a good seat to see the fight, then just watch it from home. I've been to a few fights myself. I've sat 6rows from the ring for one, and in the bleachers for the other. Although the crowd experience is nice, im a fan of the fight itself, not the fan experience. Save your money and spend it on food/beer/liqour instead, invite some of the guys over, and watch it on tv.

Comment

i got an extra ticket in the 333 section right in the middle. i bought it for round 275 but ill cut the price down. hit me up wit a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
            Go to it man! Don't listen to people that say it isnt worth it. If someone thinks watching a fight from the upper seats isn't worth it, then they are not big enough fans of the sport. this is a big fight and you'll get a chance to see one of the best fighters in the history of this sport in RJJ. The atmosphere is going to be great!!! the fight is going to be great!!! get those tickets, drink up in the arena and you'll have a great time trust me!!
            co-sign. the atmosphere alone will be worth it. there should be plenty bitches around too.

Comment

if u want go if not go out and spend some money on yourself, its a win win situation.

Comment

I'm actually in NYC for the first time but there is no way I'm gonna pay that much to stand at the back of an arena watching a TV screen. Think I'm going to look for a bar close to MSG and watch it there.

Comment

im selling an extra ticket for $150. section 333 right in the middle. im willing to negotiate the price.

Comment

Working...
                  X