No announcement yet.

**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Really? Why? Is his performance for this year fake?
    Only way Niners should make Alex Smith their permanent answer at QB is if they win the superbowl........aaaaaaaaaand A Smith is named MVP.........true story!!!!!11

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
      Really? Why? Is his performance for this year fake?
      Not exactly fake, but it's not world class.

General consensus is that Harbaugh has dumb down the offense enough that Smith is able to go to his first option, more times than not. He isn't really having to scan the field, and use too much field vision.

He's leaning on the run game, defense, and is doing enough to not lose the games, so I'm not complaining. But he isn't the future of the franchise.

Also, yeah, we're 6-1. And that's great. Especially if we beat the Skins this weekend. Because if I'm not mistaken, there's still 5 NFC West games left for the Niners. So we could be looking at a really, really good record heading into the playoffs. But think about this....

The Niners are 31st in passing yards per game. How many teams do you know of that start the season off having (barely) lost 1 game, and are damn near dead last in passing yards?

Comment

• Also, my dear Niners brothers. Do come talk football with me at my shiny new home.

http://sportstalk247.com/forum/showt...php?2566-49ers

Comment

• How good would Cam Newton be in the 49ers?

Could make it to SB. You're coach is top 5 in the league and some good players. but Alex Smith sucks balls, im surprised he hasnt blown more games, I guess they dont let him throw in important moments.

sidenote: what u think about Cam? I think his talent is being wasted, they never run with him anymore, riviera is turning him into a mostly passing QB unless its like 3rd and 1-2

Comment

• Cam is playing well above expectations. He throws a lot of interceptions, though. But he also gives you so much more with his ability to get it done with his legs. What's he got ? 7 rushing TD's this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm View Post
              Cam is playing well above expectations. He throws a lot of interceptions, though. But he also gives you so much more with his ability to get it done with his legs. What's he got ? 7 rushing TD's this year?
              Something like that. btw I saw your site.

question: do u make all your money betting? Is that your job?

How much is a good investment to start betting safely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
                Something like that. btw I saw your site.

question: do u make all your money betting? Is that your job?

How much is a good investment to start betting safely?
                No, I don't make all my money betting (good thing, too. Because October has been the worst month I've had in years). I do think it's possible, but it requires more free time than I'm able to commit to it. Not to mention, I've pulled most of my money offline, since sites are starting to crack down on American users.

It all depends on what you're looking to do. You can start with anything, but you need to set realistic goals for yourself. And practice excellent bankroll management.

Comment

Cam is playing well above expectations. He throws a lot of interceptions, though. But he also gives you so much more with his ability to get it done with his legs. What's he got ? 7 rushing TD's this year?
                  His passing ability as a rookie is on par with guys like Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, and Troy Aikman (Better).

Not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    His passing ability as a rookie is on par with guys like Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, and Troy Aikman (Better).

Not bad.
                    Yeah, I didn't say he was garbage. Just that he throws a lot of interceptions.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't say he was garbage. Just that he throws a lot of interceptions.
                      Agreed.

But a lot of INT's in the rookie season is almost a given for anyone not named Dan Marino.

I want to see how Cam looks next year.

He can only improve, which is scary.

Comment

Working...
                      X