Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. comments on Pacquiao loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is piggybacking off another it's Floyd Mayweather piggybacking off of Manny Pacquiao's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      no need for this kind of reaction. espn is reporting he had to take an advance from Bob, about $1.5 mil before the fight. He could've had $40 mil in his pocket.
      damn. hes still taking advances?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        serious question: did you follow manny when murad muhammad was promoting him befre he got to TR?
        pacquaio vs. barrera was the first fight i saw of manny pacquaio's...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Pac bursted on to the scene and people started taking notice after he thrashed Barerra and Erik Morales in the rematches. He did not need Floyd. His aggressive all action fighting style is what captured the fans. Let's not forget that even Floyd was a fan of his back then when he was seen standing up and cheering for Pac for his fight with Morales if I'm not mistaken. Floyd was a fan of Pac's all the up till when Floyd became a target. That's when the discrediting and PED accusations started flying from the Mayweather camp!
          Just like how they are coming from Pacs camp at Marquez. Pacjuice walked away from the negotiation table everytime, dont forget that part.

Comment

floyd lost a lot of money as did pac.

that should have been him KO pac.

Comment

yeah but he only made 75k off those endorsements, what the **** do you care? Kind words, but Floyd is oddly bitter for someone who has it all.

---

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
              The truth hurts sometimes. This is nothing but the truth. Boxing had a villain in Mayweather so it produced an hero in Pacquiao. Gave him awards, favorable fights, new weight classes, costume belts... That wasn't right but Manny deserves to bounce back, his fans don't.
              Floyd was retired when Pacquiao did 1.something mill with Oscar and became an even bigger star than he had been....and yes he was a very solid draw before Oscar. Afterwards, I agree, being counterparts benefited BOTH of them in selling fights, and gaining media attention to themselves and the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                yeah but he only made 75k off those endorsements, what the **** do you care? Kind words, but Floyd is oddly bitter for someone who has it all.

---

Floyd was retired when Pacquiao did 1.something mill with Oscar and became an even bigger star than he had been....and yes he was a very solid draw before Oscar. Afterwards, I agree, being counterparts benefited BOTH of them in selling fights, and gaining media attention to themselves and the sport of boxing.
                Pacquiao has never been on Mayweather's plane in terms of PPV sales. Mayweather has done about three PPV's that sold more than any PPV Pacquiao has ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
                  If anyone is piggybacking off another it's Floyd Mayweather piggybacking off of Manny Pacquiao's name.
                  How? Mayweather became a star when he defeated Oscar de la Hoya. That was before Pac came into the division. When May retired, Pac came into the division. He defeated De la Hoya and Hatton easily where as Mayweather struggled. That's when people started thinking "this guy can beat Mayweather." They started selling Pacquiao as the guy that can beat Mayweather. Then Mayweather came out of retirement which is when they sold Pacquiao as the hero and Mayweather as the villain. So yeah Pacquiao did get famous off of Mayweather's name.

Comment

I'm so tired of this clown.....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      I'm so tired of this clown.....
                      Then why post in a thread about him? Feminine much?

Comment

Working...
                      X