Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna buy a new laptop, what should I get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna buy a new laptop, what should I get?

**Don't say a Mac as I have no interest in them, way over priced.**

I just want one for surfing the web and downloading tunes and stuff,
    I usually save all my music on an external HD so it doesn't have to have BIG memory.
    I have a Sony VAIO now the last 3 years and it's pissing me off,
    It keeps stalling and shutting down and it happens maybe times a day.

I just want a fairly neat, quick and reliable laptop.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Originally posted by ` Pretty Boy32 View Post
    **Don't say a Mac as I have no interest in them, way over priced.**

I just want one for surfing the web and downloading tunes and stuff,
    I usually save all my music on an external HD so it doesn't have to have BIG memory.
    I have a Sony VAIO now the last 3 years and it's pissing me off,
    It keeps stalling and shutting down and it happens maybe times a day.

I just want a fairly neat, quick and reliable laptop.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Aren't Sony VAIO laptops one of the better quality laptops?

Anyway you know what I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
      Aren't Sony VAIO laptops one of the better quality laptops?
      Supposed to be, It's only ever given me trouble.
      And it's just the hardware no trouble with software.

Comment

Supposed to be, It's only ever given me trouble.
        And it's just the hardware no trouble with software.

You pay for what you get.......the cheaper the laptop, the cheaper the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          You pay for what you get.......the cheaper the laptop, the cheaper the parts.
          I think I paid 750 for this one at the time, I didn't need most of the stuff that came with it.
          I am willing to pay around 500-600 now, If I could get a new Mac for that price I would, I won't pay 1k though.

Friend of mine claims there is a powerseller on ebay selling Mac's for 500euro, have to check that out.

Comment

Look this one up:

HP Pavilion DV6-3125SA £650

4GB of DD3 Memory, the new i5 processor, bluetooth, simplepass fingerprint reader, high def with blu ray player, touch screen if you wish to use it that.

Getting this badboy in a couple of weeks, just saving up. It's the best out there for price and money wise, the inside parts are the real deal for money wise with that i5 460M processor, that i've seen in laptops worth over £900+. I'm digging it.. if you like to mult-task, use high usuage of progs then this is the badboy killer you want.

Comment

I think I paid 750 for this one at the time, I didn't need most of the stuff that came with it.
              I am willing to pay around 500-600 now, If I could get a new Mac for that price I would, I won't pay 1k though.

Friend of mine claims there is a powerseller on ebay selling Mac's for 500euro, have to check that out.

Well there are second hand Macs or reconditioned ones from Apple's own website.

Apple computers hold their price though.

Comment

Comment

just get an iPad then

but if you're hell bent on a laptop, my sister just got a dell inspiron 14R or 15 and i looked over it for her before she got it, it was pretty solid for the price. some will say dell are ****e, but i had a inspiron 9300 that i beat the hell out of for four years and the only thing i ever did was upgrade the memory

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

I bought this computer about 2 months ago for $470 on Amazon. They had a huge sale on it + a $50 back to school coupon. I love this laptop, its a sexy beast.

For me I wanted a 14' laptop I could play games on, watch movies (good volume), and multitask. This computer does it all. I can play pretty much all the new games that come out on this laptop. Its also noticably smaller than my previous 14' laptop because when you open it, the screen goes beneath the base, its awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X