Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather Promotions gonna be a successful company?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
    This guy is at the strip club dropping 500K. And I think this is why Mayweather Promotions is gonna fail. He drops 500K on these ho3s but can't drop 200K for Caballero's purse bid. How do you think his fighters feel about that? Now you have his fighter risking getting stripped or being forced to vacate the title cause his promoter didn't drop any money on him in the bid and he doesn't wanna fight for 90K. I think it will only a matter of time before he starts betting his fighters' money away as well.

Now before you look at my sig and claim this is a hate thread, it is not. This is a concerning issue regarding his fighters. I think at this point I would rather be with 50 who seems serious about this promoting thing like Gamboa and Dirrell than with Floyd like Dib and Caballero.
    It is not hate, it is common sense. Mr Jackson even let that known when he broke up the business relationship. He said that Floyd like to spend and do his thing with his follower and MR Jackson is not into that stuff. Floyd is only serious when he is fighting and training. Other than that, he is not good at business.

Comment

Put it this way,, paranoid individual, self centered, and huge ego just dont mix to make a good promoter. Floyd is so paranoid that his fans have adopted that menrality and dubbed it "intelligent". Man how can you promote soneone if you are constantly thinking someone is out get the better of you. How do you deal with a person who puts himself above all.

Comment

I find it funny how he recently had an interview on FightHype about how he's focused on promoting and his fighters but his actions show otherwise. But I guess that's nothing new with Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It needs to get licensed first. Right now its not a licensed promotional company in the state of Nevada.

Comment

I find it funny how he recently had an interview on FightHype about how he's focused on promoting and his fighters but his actions show otherwise. But I guess that's nothing new with Floyd.

Why do you even give a **** what Floyd does with his money? Its his life. If he ends up broke in 3 years thats his fault. Thats why Floyd still is the biggest draw in boxing because you cant get him off your mind. And he doesnt even have a fight on the books. Not even rumored to have an opponent yet. Meanwhile Mannys on a freakin press tour and nobody gives a flying ****. LMAO.

Comment

lol no, unless he gets serious and hires capable employees, other than yes men. He needs a Richard Schaefer type.

Comment

It would really come down to two things, one would be how much does Floyd fight the more Floyd fights the more capital can be built up in the company to make it a real entity that can withstand his eventual departure from the sport. The other big thing would be he would need to get a great guy to handle the company day to day because while Floyd can be a good front man and mouth piece he is not a guy that could run day to day operations of a major entity, finding such a guy who knows boxing is real tricky plus I am sure dealing constantly with Floyd would not be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

Why do you even give a **** what Floyd does with his money? Its his life. If he ends up broke in 3 years thats his fault. Thats why Floyd still is the biggest draw in boxing because you cant get him off your mind. And he doesnt even have a fight on the books. Not even rumored to have an opponent yet. Meanwhile Mannys on a freakin press tour and nobody gives a flying ****. LMAO.
                  I have not ONCE bought a Mayweather PPV. So redirect your post to someone else.

Comment

Is Mayweather Promotions gonna be a successful company?
                    No. Floyd will make Arum look like an angel.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981
                      It would really come down to two things, one would be how much does Floyd fight the more Floyd fights the more capital can be built up in the company to make it a real entity that can withstand his eventual departure from the sport. The other big thing would be he would need to get a great guy to handle the company day to day because while Floyd can be a good front man and mouth piece he is not a guy that could run day to day operations of a major entity, finding such a guy who knows boxing is real tricky plus I am sure dealing constantly with Floyd would not be easy.
                      True. But how many fights does Floyd really have left and how much money does he ACTUALLY have? This guy is always betting, buying/trading cars and of course looks like wasting it at the strip club too. If 50 wasnt able to deal with him who will? Unless it's one of those suckers who will just do as Mayweather says, a yes man.

Comment

Working...
                      X