Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez Sparring Session (Full video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Canelo can easily be outbox in the center of the ring. He seems to be more accurate when his opponents rest their backs against the ropes.
    This is true and he seems very good at cutting off the ring.

I agree with all the flaws pointed out in here but I wouldn't take this sparring video too seriously either cause they were BOTH too relaxed in there. Did not look/feel like a real sparring session.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      This is true and he seems very good at cutting off the ring.

I agree with all the flaws pointed out in here but I wouldn't take this sparring video too seriously either cause they were BOTH too relaxed in there. Did not look/feel like a real sparring session.
      ^^^^^^^^^^this

Comment

So after watching a SPARRING video Canelo sucks?? I never put much into sparring because most of the time they are trying to work new things in. I think he beats Mosley. Shane will be dangerous the first 3-4 rounds but after he gets tagged a few times he will start with his twitch and either run or try and trade and get KO'ed. I think he will run and lose a UD most likely.

Comment

I liked what I saw. That offense was great but that defense was off but he'll get it together come fight night.

Comment

Wow that was terrible. It was like a light workout at 24 Hour Fitness. That was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              Wow that was terrible. It was like a light workout at 24 Hour Fitness. That was pathetic.
              Still much better than this sparring session :

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Still much better than this sparring session :

that dude is on almost every thread parading that chump. smh

Comment

What is so special about Canelo?

Notice a few things:
                  - Foot movement is not very smooth nor fast (movement very deliberate
                  - No head movement (very obvious)
                  - Comes STRAIGHT forward
                  - He often needs to trade in order to land. (He is beat to the punch)
                  - Has problem jabbing and hitting the target when opponents has DECENT movement.

That's why Lara or Molina will beat this guy with fair judging.
                  He will have a better chance against Kirkland and Angulo.

Saul's biggest problem is his reflex and foot speed. He is just not that fast.
                  He is using his chin and power to get around that. Elite speed fighters will easy beat him.

Also notice, once he gets hits, he goes through simliar motion for him to reset (again the movement is very deliberate). Imagine a boxer with good solid movement beats him to a punch and moves. Canelo has to reset and move slowly. Get beat to the punch...reset. **** could go on all night. Not that impressed. Really not.

Comment

theres no way mosley gets stopped, unless he literally gets twice as old overnight.

Comment

Working...
                    X