Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez Wants To Eclipse Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez Wants To Eclipse Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.

WBC Super Welterweight Champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez is aiming to surpass the achievements of Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.

At a press conference in the WBC’s offices, accompanied by his team, Canelo stunned the Mexico media with his audacity.

He told the assembled faithful: “I started younger than Chavez, I’ve achieved more things at my age and I’ve got a better grasp of boxing. He had great combinations, but I know more about boxing. I want to be better than Julio Cesar Chavez!” [Click Here To Read More]

maybe he should have been serious about fighting Sergio Martinez, instead of just name dropping.

does anyone honestly believe Martinez would reject a serious offer to fight Canelo?

I'm getting sick of the endless talk from Canelo. he hasn't proved anything expect he can beat up on junior welterweights and shot fighters.

Canelo is just a hype job until proven otherwise.

Comment

Talk is cheap. Personally, I don't like Chávez much because of some comments he has made before, but the truth is the guy was a great fighter and one of the best Hispanic boxers ever. Canelo has not even proven that he is elite, let alone a great fighter. Talking like that is beyond audacity.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        maybe he should have been serious about fighting Sergio Martinez, instead of just name dropping.

does anyone honestly believe Martinez would reject a serious offer to fight Canelo?

I'm getting sick of the endless talk from Canelo. he hasn't proved anything expect he can beat up on junior welterweights and shot fighters.

Canelo is just a hype job until proven otherwise.

Has Martinez responded to this, haven't heard anything?

Comment

At this rate he might beat more JWWs then Chavez

Comment

He can eclipse overrated chavez imo...younger better looking (no ****) and has a rockstar appearance. to me salvador sanchez is the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Has Martinez responded to this, haven't heard anything?
              Lewkowicz said they have never gotten any contact from Golden Boy regarding the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                He can eclipse overrated chavez imo...younger better looking (no ****) and has a rockstar appearance. to me salvador sanchez is the greatest

I agree!!! Julio Cesar Chavez is the most POPULAR fighter to come out of Mexico but Salvador Sanchez is the Best.

Comment

Keep dreaming, Canelo.

you'll be lucky if you eclipse the likes of Barrera, and Morales.

let alone the like of Chavez, Olivares, Sanchez, Saldivar, or Canto.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post

Younger, better looking, but nowhere near as skilled.

Comment

Working...
                    X