Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Likes Donaire-Mares, But No Golden Co-Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very surprising, I guess he is content with where Donaire's career is at and isn't confident enough in him to get the job done against Mares to really advance his career.

I guess Donaire is over rated, I hate to say it because he has several good wins but if Arum (who knows boxing) doesn't like his chances against a guy in his weight class to me he can't be rated that highly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      Bob Arum is killing the sport. GBP has stepped a side for Mosley to get his shot at Pacman then they let Marquez go so he can fight Pacman. Enough is enough. Bob Arum is running out of opponents for Nonito in 2013. He's going to have to make Rigondeaux vs Donaire something Nonito doesn't want high risk low reward. Mares contract is up in 2014 by then Nonito will be fighting at 126.
      ok so why dont they do it again and swallow their pride and take the initiative and give top rank the lead in order to make this fight happen. I mean they've done it before why not do it again if they really want to take care of mares?

Its not like mares isnt gonna get paid. its not like this fight is not gonna make money. Why not be the better man about it and offer concessions to top rank?

prove arum wrong and give your fighter what he wants and take the high road, be the better man that you always claim to be than arum.

I mean if you really care about your fighter and not winning some pissing war with arum.

Comment

Arum killed the biggest fight of this era, Mayweather-Pacquiao, he killed Gamboa-Lopez another huge fight in hardcore boxing circles. He killed Mayweather-Cotto from fighting eachother at 140 when they were both under TR. Now he's stabbing Donaire vs Mares, he's also partially behind Donaire-Rigondeaux not happening yet; he's treating it exactly how he did Gamboa-Lopez, waiting too long to make it.

Comment

Pod Arum = Dictator! Trying to rule his little country( top prank) with an iron fist. this old hag is the cancer of the sport.

Top wank! :wank:
          Last edited by codey; 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            ok so why dont they do it again and swallow their pride and take the initiative and give top rank the lead in order to make this fight happen. I mean they've done it before why not do it again if they really want to take care of mares?

Its not like mares isnt gonna get paid. its not like this fight is not gonna make money. Why not be the better man about it and offer concessions to top rank?

prove arum wrong and give your fighter what he wants and take the high road, be the better man that you always claim to be than arum.

I mean if you really care about your fighter and not winning some pissing war with arum.
            Because they shouldnt have to. They have as much at stake as arum does. Why should they have to keep bending to arum. This should be a co-promotion.......period
            Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
              Because they shouldnt have to. They have as much at stake as arum does. Why should they have to keep bending to arum
              I think Oscar/Schaefer should talk with Team Mares, tell him that GBP will step aside and allow the fight to happen, but only if he signs a contract extension.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
                what does Floyd have to do with mares-donaire?
                Because basically the same thing Arum is saying about Donaire-Mares is the same thing happening with Mayweather-Pacquiao. The only difference being that Arum is flat out admitting it with the Donaire-Mares situation, while he's putting a lot of PR spin on Mayweather-Pacquaio to make it look like it Floyd's fault. As a whole, the world doesn't give a **** about Donaire-Mares, so he's just being a little more honest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Not very surprising, I guess he is content with where Donaire's career is at and isn't confident enough in him to get the job done against Mares to really advance his career.

I guess Donaire is over rated, I hate to say it because he has several good wins but if Arum (who knows boxing) doesn't like his chances against a guy in his weight class to me he can't be rated that highly.

what a ****ed up logic. how could you even think arum doesn't like donaire's chances if arum knows his boxing? you ask any knowledgeable boxing personality out there and they would pick donaire to win and rightfully so. in terms of skills, power, speed and style, donaire has the edge over mares. so what kind of boxing does arum knows? and why would you connect whether donaire is overrated or not to arum? stupid assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    Because they shouldnt have to. They have as much at stake as arum does. Why should they have to keep bending to arum. This should be a co-promotion.......period
                    Good point, but this further proves that these two wont be working together ANY time soon. And for boxing fans, it sucks. Because each company has fighters that should have or should be fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      what a ****ed up logic. how could you even think arum doesn't like donaire's chances if arum knows his boxing? you ask any knowledgeable boxing personality out there and they would pick donaire to win and rightfully so. in terms of skills, power, speed and style, donaire has the edge over mares. so what kind of boxing does arum knows? and why would you connect whether donaire is overrated or not to arum? stupid assumption.
                      Because Arum is all about risk/reward~

There is a reward for Donaire winning this is the biggest fight out there for him and really the only way he could grow into something more than he is currently, so if Arum liked his chances he would willingly take the risk.

Arum didn't get where he is being a fool and he knows the game probably as good as anyone, so how he feels about his guys and what they are capable of is very important.

If you can't get that there is no point in talking to you, on this matter.
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X