No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC: Chisora Ban Upheld Because He Never Apologized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC: Chisora Ban Upheld Because He Never Apologized

The World Boxing Council has upheld its decision to issue an indefinite ban to Dereck Chisora following a meeting of the organization's Supreme Board of Governors in Mexico City.

[Click Here To Read More]

If only chisora was Mexican.... or Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      If only chisora was Mexican.... or Floyd
      Yup beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck Chisora View Post
        "Following the extensive media coverage that my WBC World Heavyweight title challenge against Vitali Klitschko in Munich at the weekend has attracted, I feel I must wholeheartedly apologise for my part in the regrettable scenes both before and after what was to be the biggest night of my career.

"Whilst my behaviour was inexcusable, there were many things that went on behind the scenes that ultimately caused my frustrations to boil over. However, this is of course no excuse.

"I cannot go into the specific details at the moment as quite rightly the British Boxing Board of Control will be investigating this matter and also the altercation that took place between David Haye and myself, where I was struck by a bottle.

"Despite all of this, the bottom line is I have let my family, my team and worst of all the sport I love down. I acknowledge that my actions were totally unprofessional, with or without provocation. Now, with a cool head and the benefit of hindsight, my actions at the weekend were regrettable to say the least and I am deeply embarrassed at the scenes reported in the media.

"I acknowledge that I have a duty as a professional boxer to conduct myself properly at all times, especially with boxing being a sport of controlled aggression. I have let lots of people down on Saturday night, including myself, and for that I am truly sorry.

"In Munich I fully co-operated with the German authorities and, as a result, I was released without charge.

"I will be making no further comment at this stage and will wait for any formal hearing to take place."
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17104793

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          WBC: Chisora Ban Upheld Because He Never Apologized
          The WBC should apologize to boxing fans.

Comment

WBC is full of ****

Comment

The WBC have zero credibility. It's very sad they're the only ones who don't see it.

It's not surprising however, seeing as the whole organisation is run by bias, corrupt incompetents who have no grasp on what real boxing fans are craving for right now - a hot heavyweight fight between top quality contenders with a genuine dislike for one another.

In summary: Bollocks to you.

Comment

The WBC has got a lot of nerve. All the foul $h!t they've pulled over the years and they expect an apology??? How about they apologize to Sergio Martinez for stripping him of their belt so that they could give it to Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                  How about they apologize to Sergio Martinez for stripping him of their belt so that they could give it to Chavez Jr.
                  That's one thing they don't have to apologize for it's the one good thing they've ever done.

Comment

I recall that Chisora DID apologise, I think he issued a statement saying he was ashamed of himself, something like that. But he did apologise. Maybe Suleiman expected him to apologise to HIM.?? Who knows. Boxing thrives on controversy and media PR Bumpfh.

Comment

Working...
                    X