Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use this site to score the fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EyeOnTheRing.com also calculates a controversy rating based on how much the fan scores differ from the judges -- which right now I think is the coolest feature. Not sure if fightjudge has anything like that or not. You can see here the fan cards differ from the judges and there's a 100% controversy rating for this fight:

http://eyeonthering.com/boxing/alexa...-vs-marco-huck

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      signing up right now
      I think I sent some green your way but I'm new around here, not sure if I did that correctly.

Comment

For the record I didn't create or own FJ. A friend created it years ago and I liked the idea. been using it alot lately. Don't want you to think this is my site vs your site kind of thing. Im sure both are cool.

So do you guys score the fights live on that site?
        I know the idea originally with fightjudge was to create a realistic scoring experience. He wanted it to be like judging a real fight. While watching live you only have that time between rounds to submit your score. Now while scoring you are in like a chatroom with your card at top so you can chat with others while watching. After each round it displays the score like Round 4 for Martinez 87.5%
        They also do classic fights or past fights that can be added to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik K View Post
          For the record I didn't create or own FJ. A friend created it years ago and I liked the idea. been using it alot lately. Don't want you to think this is my site vs your site kind of thing. Im sure both are cool.

So do you guys score the fights live on that site?
          I know the idea originally with fightjudge was to create a realistic scoring experience. He wanted it to be like judging a real fight. While watching live you only have that time between rounds to submit your score. Now while scoring you are in like a chatroom with your card at top so you can chat with others while watching. After each round it displays the score like Round 4 for Martinez 87.5%
          They also do classic fights or past fights that can be added to judge.
          I was wondering if you worked on fightjudge - I was thinking we could collaborate maybe if you did. It would be interesting to compare (or combine) fan cards between the two sites for big controversial decisions.

That's pretty cool about the live judging - eyeOnTheRing doesn't have anything like that. We want to have something similar, but we are doing it in our spare time, so it will be a few months before we add any new features.

Comment

Originally posted by ellobo View Post
            I was wondering if you worked on fightjudge - I was thinking we could collaborate maybe if you did. It would be interesting to compare (or combine) fan cards between the two sites for big controversial decisions.

That's pretty cool about the live judging - eyeOnTheRing doesn't have anything like that. We want to have something similar, but we are doing it in our spare time, so it will be a few months before we add any new features.
            Well the guy that created Fightjduge has been doin other projects. A buddy and I have been working the site lately. We could maybe do some collaborating. If you are around tonight, stop by and try it out for HBO fights.

Comment

Erik, why dont you warn that you the owner/mod of that site? You trying to talk like you found this amazing site and just wanted to share it. When you just advertising since you made few posts now recently spamming that link.

System is flawed because dumbasses can just troll with dumb cards and it will screw peoples averages out.

and what % of the vote does a round have to get to get a score? It should be like 80% of the total votes before round becomes official. Looks like its using 51% which is just dumb since people's opinions vary and im guessing most people juse copy the lame HBO scoring.

So there's really no way to know who's the best scorer unless you devise some formula to getting to know who won each round. Maybe make the top 10 judges votes have a higher power % than a regular user. So if 9 of top 10 score a round for Fighter A but 70 regulars score for Fighter B then the 9 votes of the top 10 guys should count more than 70 randoms who have history of bad cards.

Also you guys need to review each round afterword and try to agree on which round was for who, then adjust it on site. So everyone who voted the other way should be deducted points in the formula
              Last edited by Medved; 03-17-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

lol some guy on that site scored marquez pac 3 117-111 for pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Erik, why dont you warn that you the owner/mod of that site? You trying to talk like you found this amazing site and just wanted to share it. When you just advertising since you made few posts now recently spamming that link.

System is flawed because dumbasses can just troll with dumb cards and it will screw peoples averages out.

and what % of the vote does a round have to get to get a score? It should be like 80% of the total votes before round becomes official. Looks like its using 51% which is just dumb since people's opinions vary and im guessing most people juse copy the lame HBO scoring.

So there's really no way to know who's the best scorer unless you devise some formula to getting to know who won each round. Maybe make the top 10 judges votes have a higher power % than a regular user. So if 9 of top 10 score a round for Fighter A but 70 regulars score for Fighter B then the 9 votes of the top 10 guys should count more than 70 randoms who have history of bad cards.

Also you guys need to review each round afterword and try to agree on which round was for who, then adjust it on site. So everyone who voted the other way should be deducted points in the formula

First of all this is just for fun. A way to talk boxing and share streams to fights while scoring.

Second I don't own the site or get anything from it. I don't do any of the tech stuff or really moderate anything. Someone does need to host the fight so that the bell rings on time to start scoring etc. Thats what I do so we can score and chat. The owner has been doing other thing and I offered to host so we can continue to score on nights he and other host are gone.

For ESPN we had like 12 scored and Shobox only like 7 or 8 so wasnt a busy night.

The top scorers I think calculates like your last 25 fights scored. How often you score and how often you agreed with the majority for each round.

You scored like 3 rounds of Shobox and are not happy? Give it some time and see. You may have some good points/suggestions that I can pass alog to owner but at least wait til you score a couple full fights.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    lol some guy on that site scored marquez pac 3 117-111 for pacquiao
                    Haha, just like with real judges there are bad ones and its ones opinion I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik K View Post
                      Well the guy that created Fightjduge has been doin other projects. A buddy and I have been working the site lately. We could maybe do some collaborating. If you are around tonight, stop by and try it out for HBO fights.
                      I find it curious that the initial creator isn't working on the site any more. Is he no longer interested in the idea, or perhaps just too busy? It ends up taking a lot of time doing something like this on the side.

(BTW, in response to one of your other posts, my buddy and I are also doing this for fun, and as a way to connect with other fans. We wanted something along these lines, so we built it, and use it ourselves.)

Comment

Working...
                      X