ESPN author compares Tiger Woods' return to Muhammad Ali's return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
    Hold up a minute,

because a sports channel compared one athlete to another, its complete blasphemy,

but when Floyd compares himself to MLK and MX,

its ok and nothing is wrong with it?

Oh man.

you can take a break from Pac vs Floyd for at least one thread, its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
      Hold up a minute,

because a sports channel compared one athlete to another, its complete blasphemy,

but when Floyd compares himself to MLK and MX,

its ok and nothing is wrong with it?

Oh man.

Floyd never compare himself to them. He said that like them, he will fight for what he believes is right.

Get your **** together moron!

Comment

Havent read the article but it seems like u cats are reading too much into it. I'm guessing all he's saying is they are the best at what they do and everyone was and is expecting their return to their respective sport. Lol u people crack me up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Floyd never compare himself to them. He said that like them, he will fight for what he believes is right.

Get your **** together moron!
          Thats a comparison tonto.

lol @ you suddenly becoming a Floyd stan soon as Pac smacked Cotto around. I thought you were better than that.

a likening; illustration by similitude; comparative estimate or statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
            you can take a break from Pac vs Floyd for at least one thread, its ok.
            I post in very few Pac/Floyd threads created.

I avoid the majority of them.

But go ahead and tell us how exposed you feel now because of what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
              What the f-uck is Bill Simmons smoking?

He is comparing a guy who cheated on his wife to a guy who stood up for his religion and for human rights! Someone should slap this Bill Simmons guy if they live around him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100303
              first of all, bill simmons is probably the one of the best sports writers in the whole world. He's my favorite sports writer & is a pop culture buff.

2nd of all did you douche bags read the whole article or did you look at the title & made the typical idiotic & ignorant knee jerk reaction.

3rd of all, he's comparing the two situations based on how the individual will perform with the personal pressure each individual had to go though & how much the media & celebrity machine & worship has changed since ali's days.

Read the whole article before & you will see its nothing crucial.

Comment

Working...
              X