No announcement yet.

Thank YOU Juan and Manny!!!!...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    I actually don't want them to retire. I'm selfish.
    What would you like to see them do?

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      Doubt we'll ever see another one of these rivalries in our lifetime!

Pacquiao and Marquez were made for each other. They'll forever be linked to one another in boxing history. These two will probably be best friends when it's all said and done.
      Hell yeah men ... its kinda sad like when u are approaching the end of a book you are really enjoying .

it was an 8 year rivalry

Comment

I was watching the ufc fights right before this fight, and figured I'd be half way enthused. Got damn, nothing, and I mean nothing gets your heart pumping like the opening bell of an elite prize fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          What would you like to see them do?
          Not retire just yet. A boxing landscape suddenly without these two greats is a scary prospect. Who can we rely on instead? Mayweather fighting every 14 months or whatever?

I wouldn't like to see another fight between them, because this was perfect (and probably fitting) closure to their battles.

But they've still got fight in them. There are some fights to be made around their division(s).

And who knows.....when the 5th fight does get made, I'll probably get on board like I did for this one

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            Not retire just yet. A boxing landscape suddenly without these two greats is a scary prospect. Who can we rely on instead? Mayweather fighting every 14 months or whatever?

I wouldn't like to see another fight between them, because this was perfect (and probably fitting) closure to their battles.

But they've still got fight in them. There are some fights to be made around their division(s).

And who knows.....when the 5th fight does get made, I'll probably get on board like I did for this one
            I feel what you're saying but I'm not sure who else they have anything to prove against that is meaningful.

Bradley and Guerrero maybe. I would love to see Marquez humble Rios on his way out. But time is ticking down and it wouldn't be too long before they are dominated by fighters they have no business losing to.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              I feel what you're saying but I'm not sure who else they have anything to prove against that is meaningful.

Bradley and Guerrero maybe. I would love to see Marquez humble Rios on his way out. But time is ticking down and it wouldn't be too long before they are dominated by fighters they have no business losing to.
              I would love to see JMM vs Bradley. Pac vs Rios. Either of them versus Matthyse.

I understand that legacy wise, they've probably topped out. But - and I had a big discussion today in another thread about the snobbery of boxing fights being seen as "fun" - I love watching these guys, so as long as they're making fights I want to watch, I want to see them carry on.

But if they go out tonight and retire, they go with my respect and love. And yep, it would truly hurt to see them being feasted on by prospects down the line.

Comment

Working...
              X