Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Only Sensible Fight Out There For Me is Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn' t Ward label Froch the worm because of his slowwwwwww speed, instead of the cobra.

Comment

Kessler told the danish newspaper BT today, that he thinks it's his time to visit Carl Froch home land. What a champion! What a fantastic trip it is following this man.

The fight in London or Manchester sounds great, you have to remember it wasn't in Kessler's hometown either, tt was in Herning. London sounds great, 100.000 perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
        Froch needs to give Dirrell a rematch in America after Kessler (if he beats Kessler).

I thought he lost to Dirrell, so a rematch is needed there too and in America the same way Kessler will rematch Froch in the UK.

Froch harps on about getting rematches in the fights he lost and goes on and on about the Kessler fight and how it could of gone either way.

Well fair is fair and if Kessler is good enough to rematch Froch in UK Froch should be man enough to afford Dirrell the same in America, as that was a close fight that many thought Dirrell won.
        Froch is just chasing money like every fighter. Don't say that around his rabid fans though, they're so in love with his 'warrior' image that they're just disconnected with reality.

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        I agree with this, although I think Dirrell needs to prove he's relevant again and a beat a solid SMW otherwise the fight won't really sell. He's been away from the top of the sport for almost three years now!
        Taking Abraham's belt would be a good way to get Froch's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by jangeorg View Post
          Kessler and Froch will do that chicken Ward never has done, travel to fight the best in they backyard
          You may have had a point if Ward was ever given a gift hometown decision or was ever in a controversial decision. But since he usually dominates and that obviously hasn't happened you have no point.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
            Froch and Kessler are evenly matched. Too slow white guys with even ability and good fan bases. Ward is so far superior to the slow Euros that fighting either of them again is pointless. Kessler already quit against Ward and Froch got embarrassed and out classed. Froch and Ward are B fighters when compared to Ward. think about it???
            Kessler and Froch are not B level fighters what it is is that Ward is an A+ or even higher fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              You may have had a point if Ward was ever given a gift hometown decision or was ever in a controversial decision. But since he usually dominates and that obviously hasn't happened you have no point.
              In fairness, it's about more than just a decision. Fighting away from home makes most things harder. It takes you out of your comfort zone, there are things away from just the boxing that you need to adjust to, you never know how a fighter will react in an extremely hostile arena, etc....

Regarding the rematch, no matter the location, I am there. Cannot wait for this fight. Two top quality fighters, two warriors and another gaurenteed cracker of a fight. Froch has improved quite a bit since the Ward fight, I think he'll get this one.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                In fairness, it's about more than just a decision. Fighting away from home makes most things harder. It takes you out of your comfort zone, there are things away from just the boxing that you need to adjust to, you never know how a fighter will react in an extremely hostile arena, etc....

Regarding the rematch, no matter the location, I am there. Cannot wait for this fight. Two top quality fighters, two warriors and another gaurenteed cracker of a fight. Froch has improved quite a bit since the Ward fight, I think he'll get this one.
                In fairness to Ward he did fight Froch in Atlantic City and he is the recognized top fighter in the division. Therefore I believe he has earned the right to call the shots.

Comment

In fairness to Ward he did fight Froch in Atlantic City and he is the recognized top fighter in the division. Therefore I believe he has earned the right to call the shots.
                  Well Kessler is now his mando. If the two sides can't come to an agreement, the fight goes to purseoffer. It remains to be seen whether Ward fancies the prospect of a potential trip to Denmark.

I wouldn't bet against Ward vacating instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Well Kessler is now his mando. If the two sides can't come to an agreement, the fight goes to purseoffer. It remains to be seen whether Ward fancies the prospect of a potential trip to Denmark.

I wouldn't bet against Ward vacating instead.
                    Why? I honestly believe that Kessler is in a much better space now then when he fought Ward the first time. However, I sill don't think that will be enough to beat Ward. And since he dominated Kessler the first time around why would anyone believe that Ward would somehow be afraid to fight him again?

Comment

Why? I honestly believe that Kessler is in a much better space now then when he fought Ward the first time. However, I sill don't think that will be enough to beat Ward. And since he dominated Kessler the first time around why would anyone believe that Ward would somehow be afraid to fight him again?
                      Because of his reluctance to fight abroad in the s6. I hope I am wrong though. I'd love to see Ward-Kessler in Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
                      X