No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Manny Pacquiao vs. Sugar Ray Robinson at 147 Lbs in a 12 Round Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Clottey was an elite welterweight in his prime.
    And that was the last time he actually beat a credible opponent, which was in 2010, and people want to bitch and moan about him being 4th on ESPN's P4P ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      And that was the last time he actually beat a credible opponent, which was in 2010, and people want to bitch and moan about him being 4th on ESPN's P4P ranking.
      Well he did beat Bradley who is more than credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Well he did beat Bradley who is more than credible.
        That's another story, not in my book man.

Comment

I can see Pacquiao smashing him. SRR had so many troubles with so many fighters. Pacquiao had troubles with Marquez, but with nobody else really so far. So SRR has troubles with lots of different styles (jabbers like Turpin e.g.), so I think the chance is pretty big that SRR has bigger problems with Pacquiao than the other way around.
          of course we will never know. But if I see the southpaw stance of Pacquiao, his footwork, his power, his angles, his combos, his movement overall, I can see Pacquiao smashing him.

Comment

how can we compare??

There is not a lot of footage of Ray Robinson at welterweight, and the footage that is there is grainy.

We can't make a qualified decision on this matter because we haven't seen enough of Ray Robinson at welterweight.

Comment

PAC by UD and/or TKO, then a SD for SRR in their rematch

Comment

This is how the fight will end.

Comment

When Robinson was Champ at welterweight he went years where he would fight 10 times a year... something unheard of with champions of today.

Robinsons combinations were deadly, he had a very strong stiff jab, an granite chin and all mixed with power speed and boxing iq. Unfortunately for pac, Robinson was far from an any individual he has ever fought.
                  Robinson by mid KO

Comment

One thing you can count on: Pacquiao will show up!

Comment

Mismatch....Pac gets iced

Comment

Working...
                      X